WANTED: Skookum Steelheader Guide

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Freecaster, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Freecaster New Member

Winthrop, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I've posted this in the Classifieds as well...I'm looking to buy a Skookum Steelheader guide Cataraft, and was just wondering if anybody was considering selling theirs? It will have to be in near new condition.

Thanks,
    Freecaster
  2. surfnsully Active Member

Happy Valley, OR
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    why dont you check out their website and see if they have any used items or buy new?

They are currently located in Central Oregon I believe.
  3. Freecaster New Member

Winthrop, Wa.
    Thanks for the idea. They don't have any used items I could find on their web sight and I was hoping to beat the price of a new one by a little if I could. I may just go ahead and order a new one, but I was also hoping to avoid having to drive all the way to Redmond, Oregon to pick it up. Perhaps they have a dealer that's closer. Guess I should just call them and find out.
  4. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +218 / 2
    Good luck getting a return call. I have 4 calls into them and I have not heard a thing.
  5. Bank Bum Member

manchester wa
  6. surfnsully Active Member

Happy Valley, OR
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    I have a custom pontoon boat that I built patterned after the Skookum. It has 11' x 19" Jacks Plastics tubes and a custom steel frame built by one of the best raft frame makers in the country. Carlisle oars seat and two platforms. This boat takes up to class IV if you have the skills. PM me if you would like to see a picture.
  7. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    Skookum owner and founder Bill Day passed away last month. I didn't know Bill well but in conversations with him had the distinct impression that the company was limited in scope and capability. Not sure what, if any, plans there are to continue production or whether there is any current inventory available for sale.

K
  8. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +218 / 2
    Yeah, his daughter was running the show after Bill got sick and since he passed away. She was still placing orders and trying to keep it going...evidently just not returning calls. I understand the need for some time, however, some of my calls were before Bill got sick. I'm not sure what will happen to the company.
  9. Riverman Member

USA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    I know where there's three similar rigs for sale... PM me for details.