WARD lAKE

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jacob Peterson, May 3, 2009.

1. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

Friday wassss awesome. Hooked 10 fish, biggest was 16. Saturday was pouring rain, so I got soaked, and eventually just sat on the dock with an umbrella casting midges under indicators. Hooked five, and landed my biggest fish ever out of the lake, a 21 inch holdover. today, sunny, so I had to work for my fish, 4 landed biggest 15. But had a fish that was huge easily 23-24 inches long. it bent my six weight rod like steelhead! Wouldn't fit in the net, but got him to the side, but as I was reaching down to grab him, he did a HUGE head shake, and threw the fly in my face, but I still consider it a fish caught:D:D

2. Casey Weed

Casey Weed Greenhorn

This thread is useless without pictures!:thumb: just kidding. Glad you had a good time and caught some fish!

3. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

IT waS POURING RAIN. I would have, but didn't have a plastic bag to protect the camera:mad:

4. colton rogers

colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

plastic bag what happened to the umbrella

good that you got into some nice fish

5. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

Its kinda hard tp land a huge fish, make sure the umbrella doesn't blow away, dig out the camera, take a pic, and get the fish back in the water withing a few minutes....

6. Casey Weed

Casey Weed Greenhorn

I don't want excuses, just an apology and be sure to do better next time :rofl:

7. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

Fine, Im sorry i didn't get any photos, I wish there was a machine that projected memories.... It was awesome. Just was sitting there not expecting anything, and I see my indicator move about an inch to the left. I slowly raise the rod and gently set the hook, boom, 21 incher goin insane jumping every where. The 24 incher i was trolling a leech deep, did a s turn to get the fly movin and wham, the rod gets ripped out of my hands. I grap the rod again and hold on. The fish kept going deep. But I got him close to the boat and realized my net wasn't big enough. So, I dropped down to get the fly out and he did the rest:). That fish wasn't what many people would consider "caught" but I have that memory stuck in my mind and its wonderful.