warmwater swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by ibn, Feb 2, 2005.

1. I'm hitting the Bahamas and Cabo this year, would anyone be interested in doing a warmwater swap of sorts? No strict guidlines, anything from blue water flies, bonefish flies, permit flies, whatever...

I'll be the swapmeister if I can get at least 5, would like to keep it to no more then 15 or so. Due date March 15th, that gives us around 6 weeks.

Any takers?

-I :thumb:

2. I'd be game even though I can't imagine when I would ever get a chance at warmwater salt. I'll tie a Lefty's Deciever. I have been using them for Silvers in the salt up here, but I have read that they are a pretty solid general salt pattern. I generally tie them on a #2 saltwater hook. Would they need to be bigger for where you are headed?

Trevor

3. Sounds good to me, I'm going to let this post saturate for a week or so to see if we can pick up a few more participants.

-I

4. Im in. Heading to Cancun this spring, need some ideas.

Peace,
    Andy

5. I'll tie up some crazy charlies or something.

6. Well that's 4 of us, I will give this until monday, if it ends up the 4 of us how does doing 12 flies each sound? That would give us each 3 of eachothers flies....

-I

7. I'd be game, but I gotta get moving. I'm going to be out of the country from March 5 - 16. I can get em done. What size hooks do you warm water guys need em tied on?

Trevor

8. 12?- is that 3 flies, 4 each, or 1 fly, 12 each. Either way, i'm game.

Peace,
    Andy

9. Lets do this, how about 12 flies each of the same patterns due by the end of March. This will give us all 3 flies from each of us.

If you can afford to send me 1 or 2$ with your flies for return shipping, if you can't don't sweat it, I'll take care of it. Make sure you include your return address.

Does this sound reasonable?

My info is:

Ibn Archer
    918 SW 313th CT
    Federal Way, WA 98023

10. Perfect. I was sweating if you wanted to do it earlier. End of March works perfect for me.

11. I can do that. Better get tying.

Peace,
    Andy

12. How it going guys? I'm halfway done w/my flies, I tie em up in 2 steps. 3 weeks until they are due :)

-I

13. I'll tie 4 Grifith's Gnats (size 22). Can I still join?
    Anil

14. Those are for halibut, this is a warmwater swap.

Do you want to join?

Anil ties some mean flies, that would mean 15 flies each, what do you other 3 think?

-I

15. It's late, so don't worry about it. Thanks, I'll join in the next one.
    Anil

16. I'm back from Europe and have started my flies. I should have them done by week's end if not sooner.

Trevor

17. kick-ass! Mine are done, just waiting to get all yours then I will send them out. :)

-I

18. Mine are done. I'll mail them today. Here is a picture of them. Deceivers in three flavors.

Trevor

Attached Files:

19. Sweet, lookin good. Zen/Andy you guys still out there? Haven't heard much from you. :)

-I

20. yeah, I havent tied much warm/saltwater stuff, so I have been practicing. I should finish up tomorrow and send them out on Monday. Gotchas/Crazy Charlies....

Andy