Warning to Steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Luv2flyfish, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

Western WA, US.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    After a lengthy absence - I got off a cargo plane this evening. I am grateful to be back in WA all in one peice. Warning to all steelhead entering rivers over the next few months........I'm Back and my Spey Rods are out of storage. I have to make up for a bunch of months of not being able to fish. Mr. Steelhead - You best be hiding.....

Tight Lines!! :thumb:
  2. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    So Happy to learn of your safe return!!!! :D It would really freak me out to learn that one of own from this site was killed in action. You are a lucky man to be alive. And I hope that luck holds for you long enough for you to take a few fish. If anyone deserves a fish, you do.

Bob, Damn but that makes my day!: I have been worried as if I were your father. Anyway, welcome home and stay safe. :thumb:
  3. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Glad to hear your back in one piece. while in processing my new base i found out that i am already slotted for the next deployment to the land saddam. all i can think about is, i don't want to be out of fishing again.
  4. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    Nice to have you back on our soil Jay.
  5. Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

Western WA, US.
    Thanks Gents! It sure is nice to be home! My folks squared me away - I dont even have to unpack my household items - they did it for me! A new snazzy camper shell on my truck eliminates future wet camping! Life is good! It'll be a little bit before I am fishing again - but hoping to meet some folks from the site at the Seattle Spey Clave at high bridge.

Mike - Lemme know if you need anything prior to deploying out - Thankfully the time goes by pretty fast. Take lots of fishing related books!
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Welcome home. My vise is setup, and the door is always open when you're ready to hook up. :thumb:
  7. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Welcome back home. May the Steelies line up behind your fly
  8. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.
    iagree

Although I don't know you, and as a life-long civilian can't begin to understand what you've been doing, it's good to know you're safe and sound and you need to hear that those of us who are high and dry appreciate your sacrifices. If kharma is for real, those steelies should itchin' to tie up with you!
  9. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +651 / 0
    Oh well...There goes the neighborhood! :hmmm:

He'll probably be tramping up and down the river in his desert camos, M16 in hand, lobbing stun grenades in the holding water...

Hey Jay, we love yah man. Stay in touch! :thumb:
  10. Steve Buckner Mother Nature's Son

Jay's been eating "c" rations for so long I think his tastebuds have gone into hibernation...but I think you're right Bob, there goes the neighborhood!!

For those who don't know Jay, he's as good of a guy as anyone would care to meet, I'm glad he's back! ptyd I spoke to him this morning, sounds like he's spending some time with his folks and adjusting back to the local time zone etc..
  11. bugnuts Member

U.P., WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Thanks man...and welcome home. :thumb:
  12. Steelheader Only 3 more years until I can think like a fish.

Orting,WA
    Welcome home, and Thanks for what you did. If you ever what somebody to fish with just drop me a line. :beer2:
  13. Big K1 Large Member

Duvall, WA, U.S.A.
    Welcome home!!! Maybe we will meet at highbridge.