Washington Fly Fishing Club - Holiday Fund Raiser

Discussion in 'Events' started by WashingtonFlyFishingClub, Nov 15, 2011.

1. WashingtonFlyFishingClub

WashingtonFlyFishingClub New Member

The Washington Fly Fishing Club, Washington State’s oldest Fly Fishing Club, is holding its annual Holiday Fund Raiser on Tuesday, December 13th at Seattle’s Herban Feast in the SODO neighborhood.

Dinner entertainment will include a Robert Service poetry reading, the granting of the annual “Half Ass’ed Award” and a skit. To raise funds we are sponsoring a Live and Silent Auction followed by a bunch of raffle prizes. Items on hand include : a Winston “Leetle Feller” bamboo rod, the new Sage “One” rod, 2 nights at Douglas Lake in BC, casting lessons and lots of beautiful flies, just to name a few.

The event opens with “Wet Fly Practice” at 5:30 PM with dinner and entertainment at 7:00 PM. After dinner we have our “Live Auction” and the awarding of Silent Auction and Raffle prizes.

Dinner pricing is $60 if reservations are made before December 1st. After the December 1st, the price goes up to $75. Our dinner options are: Beef Tenderloin, Black Cod or Squash Ravioli. Attire is business casual.

Good seats are going fast so if you are interested in going, please RSVP now. You can make reservations by contacting David Ehrich at davidehrich@rocketmail.com or go to our web link http://www.wffc.com/guestreg.php

As a final note, yes, we are the “Men’s Only” fly fishing club and we understand the implications. However the causes we support know no gender. They include programs such as Reel Recovery (helping cancer survivors), Project Healing Waters (aiding wounded veterans), Casting Forward (working with the chronic homeless) and the Northwest Youth Conservation and Fly Fishing Academy. We have also supported conservation organizations such as Trout Unlimited, Coastal Conservation Association and environmental projects such as the restoration of Griffin Creek (restoring critical salmon spawning habitat). Proceeds from this evening's events support all of the above causes.

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    I've gone to this for years. There are quite a few board members that have gone in year's past (Leland Miyawaki, Kent Lufkin, Preston Singletary, Mike, Don Barton, etc.), and I'm suspecting they may be going again, too. Many well-known NW fly fishers and (dare I say it) legends, like Les Johnson and Stevey Raymond and more, have attended this event. Last year's attendance I think was close to 200 . . . ?

It's a great chance to win some serious goodies, and raffle tickets are just $1! I've won rods, reels, trips, books, art, flies, lines, etc. in the raffle and bought items in the silent and live auction. Good stuff, and the $$ go towards furthering not just fly fishing causes and interest, but just good causes (Reel Recoverey, Project Healing Waters, Casting Forward, and Youth Programs).

See you there!