Washingtonion's are getting a bad rap!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by tediousthumper, May 24, 2011.

1. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I alway laugh when people ask me if I work at Boeings

2. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

Media:
    They say Washington State because
    saying just
    Washington could mean DC.

Just stay out of Bremington and Gorst and
    you'll be safe.

3. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Media:
    I just thought of something. When I get down and out, I mean really down, I just look in the mirror and remind myself that I don't live in Sedro Woolley. Then everything is ok.

4. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    OK !! I've been just about everywhere and so here is my list.
    Most Rude = Californians
    Clueless = Utards
    Worst drivers = Oregonians
    Most arrogant = Washingtonions
    Best candidate overall = South Dakotans

5. Go Fish

Media:
    I find it funny the Mill Creek is
    giving Sedro Wollley shit.

Two times zero is what?

6. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Media:
    Washitonion's are getting a bad rap!

That's so they don't forget where it is...it's remembering which pocket the bullet is in that gives 'em trouble.

7. ribka

ribka Active Member

Mention Washington east of the Mississippi and people assume you are referring to Washington DC

8. Go Fish

Media:
    Unless they are talking about
    world class trophy trout fising.

9. Tim Lockhart

Media:
    Rival gangs :clown:

10. Stewart

Stewart Skunk Happens

Hell yeah! I've had my MT fishing license since March and when I come fishing I just get my free info and tell the mutha fuckas I'm from Seattle! :rofl:

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    The problem is the name of Washington (the state) is Washington. The city where the capitol is located is named Washington, District of Columbia or more commonly, Washington D. C. What is so gol darn flipping hard to calling them by name and thereby making the differentiation.

Watched a crazy game show called Repo Games where some lady who's rig was getting repossessed had a chance to answer some questions to get her ride paid off. One question was "What are the five states that touch the Gulf of Mexico?" (She lived in Texas...just for a bit of background) She answered "Texas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, no not Mississippi, Atlanta and Alabama".

She is the reason we say Washington State.

12. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Media:
    I like to buy their products to get the free info., then I go back and return everything.
    :)

13. Benjy

Benjy Active Member

Media:
    I love it how all of you think that just because you're not from Seattle it's like your some kindred brethren of the windswept plains with all in Montana. Number one, who cares? Number two- I can't speak for all Montanans but I'd wager that the consensus in the fishing community is that the worst Washingtonians are from Spokane and the eastern side of the state. Why? Because they're the ones who are towing boats over and even outfitting on Montana rivers from their base in Spokane or CDA, ID. Those people are a far bigger threat than some weekend warrior on Rock Creek once a year. It is widely believed that people from Washington contribute little to the community or to conservation in Montana. We always get a chuckle reading about your awesome trips to Rock Creek so keep it up! If you think Rock Creek is the best thing since sliced bread than that's where you belong so have fun with that.

14. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Media:
    How can you just dump me in with the rest of the world that isn't from Seattle. Why, we've never even met! - Oh yeah! People fact #2! "People from somewhere else are always assholes!"
    I dated a girl from Montana once...but I don't consider myself her brother.
    You know you're in for a good time when someone starts off with "I can't speak for all ______" and then proceeds to do just that. :)
    I can't wait to get over there and "threaten" Montana. I just hope they don't try to stop me at the border.

15. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Media:
    Home Page:
  16. Tim Lockhart

Media:
    I was just impressed that you used the proper tense for "capitol."

17. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Montana..yeah the state with the worst rep. for illegal guiding in EVERY other state and province..

Yeah spend a couple bucks next time...maybe they'll stay on their own water instead of giving the rest of the U.S. such a black eye up north etc.

18. CraigR5184

CraigR5184 New Member

But remember who supports the lives of all the MT fishing guides. City folk than can still afford it. (microsoft/ boeing) dont blame them for corporations providing better prices on gear, thats a problem accross the US in everything. How about taking someone under your wing and helping them out, and not expecting something in return...

19. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    I was fishing Green Lake the other day just out of range of the power baiters. A float-tubing pony-tailed guy from Phinney Ridge was all up in my face because he suspected I was from Wallingford and that I was fishing his lake. He was all "Yo 45th street is geto" so I offered him some gluten-free carob bars and some lukewarm chai from whole foods and he says "you from Ravenna?" I says "no, from the 98105, bro." He was all "North or South of 45th?" And I was like "South, still in the city ordinanced high impact alcohol area!" so he's like "you got them residential parking zones?" And I was all "I wish, goddamn day commuters catching the express bus be clogging the hood every day with Suzuki swifts from like '87 and shit." I spat in the waters for effect, not just to further enhance my street cred, but also because I had finally dislodged some kind of leathery soy by-products jammed up by my canines courtesy of the tofu dogs I'd poached up a little earlier in my new solar oven. Jean-Claude seemed impressed, he started telling me 'bout his grill, how it was messing up his TMJ, even if it was still seriously badass tooth-toned adult braces. And it was all good. He turned up his Pandora on his iphone, I threw out my KUOW-tote-bag-on-a-rope sea anchor and we fished for stockers with serious chronomid action to the new age tunes of Enya and maybe a little Coldplay ( I'm not really sure on that one) and the rhythms of 99. As the Geto Boys once said, Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. Turns out Jean-Claude was from goddamn Billings, Montana!

So next time you be getting crap from a Montanan, offer up a little carob treat and some Chai, you'll be making some life-long friends.

20. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Media:
    Home Page:
    The Moose just fell over with laughter out here in the '65.