Washingtonion's are getting a bad rap!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by tediousthumper, May 24, 2011.

1. Actually it is pretty cool. I used to live and work in Whatcom/Skagit and was a regular at the loggerodeo fun run (Clay probably still wins it every year). Good event and I was always a sucker for the classic cars.

2. And I was wondering why the hell I was even reading this thread, and then I read Boot's post and realized my effort weren't for naught, followed by the good chatter 'bout Skidrow. When I first moved to Skagit County, I was warned to be careful around the Red Dog Saloon, as they din't cotton to strangers there. So I asked how long one is considered a stranger at the Red Dog. Was told, 'bout 15 years. Unfortunately I moved away after 15 years, so never was allowed to be a regular at the Red Dog. I share this only to illustrate that life is occasioned by small regrets.

Sg

3. Sedro-Woolley is my favorite place to be during the week of the 4th of July. Actually, all summer. I love it here.

4. Anyone want to see a good ol' fashioned, small town 4th of July parade, Sedro has one of the best and largest around. Good family fun all day long.

5. Maybe Montana should come watch. Actually. Nevermind. They'd find something to bitch about.

6. Somehow I don't think they would. At least not the few that I know. They would feel at home here. They'd still be getting bitched at by the big city folks.

7. Kerry actually lives in the upscale section of Sedro. I know this because he recently confided to me that he has moved a second appliance to his yard. Reports that this appliance came from his own home and was replaced with a newer model are as yet unconfirmed. However, it is this reporters belief that this is indeed the case and most folks would like to know where he got the money to buy that lottery ticket and when is he gonna show up and buy everybody a round.

In other news, Eastern Skagit County is currently suffering from a severe sheep shortage, (horrors!) and is in negotiations with Montana to secure some of their abundant supply. Stay tuned to these pages for release dates and locations...

8. Wait a second? Kerry's got power? Or are we talking like a hand-wringer and a washboard?

9. Yeah...he has power. I think his turn is on Thursdays.

10. [QUOTE);

"In other news, Eastern Skagit County is currently suffering from a severe SHEEP shortage, (horrors!) and is in negotiations with Montana to secure some of their abundant supply. Stay tuned to these pages for release dates and locations...[/QUOTE]"

It aint called "Wooley" for nothin'...

11. Well atleast they are using sheep compared to their relatives. Before long though, I guess the sheep will be their relatives..

12. Damn, this got me thinking and I had to take inventory. Crap, I might be out of compliance with Sedro's old appliance law. I only got an old hot water tank left sitting behind the garage. Could have swore I had an old washing machine back there also. Still got the rusted out Ford flat bed sitting beside the shop so I got the old car in the yard ordinance covered.

13. As this is a humpie year the sedro wooley town ordinence clearly states as long as the appliance has been converted into a fish smoker you can have as many as you want in your yard.