Water Master Accessories

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Ed Call, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Tacoma, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks Ed,
    Just the ole butt bones start hurting. You would think I don't have any padding there which isn't the case...I would like to have a lot less. If I keep the Outcast (unlikely) I'll probably look into some sort of better cushioning like the thermarest.
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    I really dig the water master. To keep the misses happy I sold my Fishcat Panther when I got the Kodiak. The Panther was an awesome boat, but I don't miss it one bit!
  3. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    I purchased the high back soft seat upgrade from BSI. Basically, it is this seat: http://www.surftosummit.com/tall-back-outfitter-molded-foam-kayak-seat-pack-p-1687.html?cPath=283_207.

Additionally, I throw a Thermarest seat pad down for added comfort: http://www.rei.com/product/780983?preferredSku=7809830016&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-7809830016&mr:trackingCode=21C8A076-09D6-DE11-974B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA. I was going to use Velcro to attach it to the seat, but have not yet found the need. This allows me to make small adjustments on the fly. I just place something on it, or stuff it somewhere to protect it from blowing away when I leave the boat.
  4. Tyler Sadowski Member

Kirkland, wa
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Greggor, Do you like the soft seat? Its seams to not have very good lower back support. I have noticed that if I wear my fins that my legs will go numb from being slightly proped up rather than angling down, whats your thoughts?
  5. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Hi Tyler,

I can't speak to the standard soft seat that BSI provides, but the optional high back soft seat has worked great for me. And this coming from a guy whose greatest concern going into my Water Master purchase was potential back fatigue. I have used the fins now several times for over 6 hours straight, no numbness, no sore back. Obviously everyone is different, but I develop a bit of soreness in my lower back just after a two hour drive in the car. The Water Master high back soft seat, no problem.

Several people like the hard seat over the standard soft seat. I believe Kent was one of these individuals. I have not tried one to compare, I just know what works for me.

Three things you might try to avoid pinching leg nerves: 1) Sit a little further out towards the edge of the seat. 2) If so equipped, tighten the forward straps, so that your lumbar area makes contact sooner, providing more support and keeping you more upright. 3) Use a seat pad. Again, I don't have the standard soft seat, so this is all from my perspective.

Good luck on finding the solution. I don't think you should experience numbness in your legs at all. Someone's suggestion should help you to find the right set-up.