Water Skeeter pontoon (spey)

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by John Hicks, Mar 30, 2007.

1. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +180 / 1
    Does anyone have any experience with the water skeeter pontoon boat spey? I see that sierra trading post is selling them for $389.
  2. Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

Redmond, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +73 / 0
    I bought one about two months ago. I had it out on Pass lake once and it was a nice ride. This is my first toon so I can't say that I have a lot of experience but I think this is a nice rig. The frame is strong, balance is good while on the water, seat is comfortable, tracks good while rowing and I can move it with my fins. The tubes don't have a lot of rocker so it might not be the best on moving water but on the lake it was great. The only thing I had issue with was that I didn't have the rod holder tight enough and it wouldn't hold a position, but that's my fault I might add a bit of adheasive to the mount point for friction. I had a good experience with S.T.P. and the toon arrived in good shape via UPS in about 7 days from purchase. Yes I like it!:thumb:
    Mike
  3. theworm New Member

Smokey Point Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have a skeeter and I like it. I primarily fish it in stillwater, but have given it a few runs on mellow stretches of rivers. I don't know about the "spey" but my skeeter has decent valves and bladders which is important to me. I also have an ODC and it is a P.O.S.. I save that for friends and family to use.
  4. Jason Trout Bum

Edmonds, WA
    I have a WS as well and for the money you won't be dissappointed. I have only floated the Yakima with it as well as lakes and no complaints, good balance and I stay dry. Only thing I don't like is the rod holder, I have tried many things and it won't stay where I want it.
  5. Tony Mull Member

Lake Stevens, WA, USA.
    WS's in general seem to be pretty good boats. I have a Chetco with the standing platform and have been happy with it. Can't find anything that's not a good fit or not well made, except that rod holder which is more trouble than its worth. They are heavy compared to a bucks for instance, but not most others. Sierra is a good source if you are quick, they often sell out.