Watermaster anchor system

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Kim Hampton, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Kim Hampton

Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

I'm thinking about selling my Coleman tent trailer and getting a camper for my truck. The tent trailer with it's rack system is how I transport my Spring Creek Pram for my camping/fishing trips. I'll lose that ability with a camper or it would be a pain in the ass handling the pram on a camper. I'll try to stay away from a trailer (utility or whatever) of some sort which would be a pain in the ass as far as I'm concerned.

Sooo.....I'm thinking about selling the tent trailer, pram and Outcast toon and buying a Watermaster which should handle most of my fishing needs except for Puget Sound but I have a boat for that. I hate twisting around to pull anchor. Do any you owners of the Watermaster have the anchor system installed? How does the anchor line lead forward? Do you have to twist around to pull anchor or can it be rigged to not have to do this? Also what options are an absolute must for the boat?

Thanks,
    Kim

2. fatguide

fatguide fish or DIE

Kim:

You can mount a cleat on the seat platform next to you and tie it off there. You will still be pulling from back to front but thats no big deal. I only use an anchor on lakes or on "frog" water that's too deep to stand. If a river is running as fast as a normal walking pace, anchoring may not be the safest thing to do.

As far as options,
    1- Stripping apron
    2- One carry handle (I put it on the rear)

The rest of the add ons to my WM, I have fabracated, re-engineered, or stolen from someone else. To me half the fun is getting MY boat setup for ME.