Watermaster owners-a question...

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by IveofIone, Oct 16, 2007.

1. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Do any of you guys use or have seen a self inflating cushion to be used between you and the seat of your boat? I saw one recently and thought it had the Watermaster logo on it but didn't locate it on their web site. Any idea where this item can be found? It looks like a perfect fit on the inflatable seat of a Super Fat Cat. Thanks, Ive

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What's wrong. You getting a bony butt. But I can understand it as you are on the skinny side.

Jim

3. Christian Brewer

Christian Brewer Super Slacker

Media:
  4. Dave Hartman

Dave Hartman Strip'n Flywear

Media:
    Home Page:
    I've owned Watermasters for many years now, and I've never known of an inflatable seat for them. Abel has a version of the Watermaster and it has an inflatable seat, but I'm pretty sure it's attached to the boat itself (not removable).

5. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Christian, Thanks for the link to Thermarest, they have exactly what I am looking for. In fact they have 3 models that will work well on the FatCat or any other boat seat that seems just a little too hard. The trick is to just barely inflate it so every time you move it rolls enough to relieve your tired old butt. I'm gittin' one!

And Jim, I think the word you were looking for was slender. At 6' and 167# I would call myself normal or slender-150# would be skinny!:D But with the national physique leaning more towards donuts than bread sticks maybe I am a little skinny, I dunno.......Ive

6. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Albums:
    Ive, also check out the ones made by 'Crazy Creek'. They are similar to the Thermarest ones but have built-in straps to hold it on the seat if you have the option of something wrapping around the seat. If you buy it from their site, check out the Thermabands - the best thing I've ever used for keeping my hands warm in the winter. I've fished on 18 degree days without gloves using these things. I'll pm you the link as they aren't a sponcor...

7. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    On King of the Hill there was an episode where they had silicone Ass Falsies cuz Hank had Gluteus Minnemus and it was hurting his back when he mowed the lawn. Right before the big Lawnmower race too! Luckily he had the strength that comes from a lovin' woman behind him... Sniff sniff...

8. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    I don't have an inflatable seat on my Watermaster, but I did attach (using velcro) one of these closed cell foam Therma-seats. Give the bony arse enough cushion for a full day on the water.
    They're cheap, and even if you don't attach to the seat, they'd be less likely to slip and slide around than a nylon coated inflatable cushion. Also adds an insulation factor to the backside.

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/Product.asp?manufacturer=NORTHEAST PRODUCTS&model=THERM-A-SEAT