Watermaster Questions

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Dave Henry, May 9, 2010.

1. Dave Henry

Dave Henry Member

Home Page:
    Hey all you fellow Watermaster owners. Can anyone tell me the suggested pressure to inflate my boats to? Also, has anyone else noticed seam leaks. Both of my boats have multiple tiny leaks along the seams on the inside. Again, not serious leaks, it takes as much as 24 hours before i notice that they need a couple of pumps from the K-pump. I spent the day aquasealing the ones I could find. Is this a common issue or did I get a couple of lemons?

2. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    Hi Dave,

Regarding suggested inflation pressure, this is posted on the BSI website forum:

http://myforum.bigskyinflatables.com/user/Discussion.aspx?id=132459

In brief from the BSI link above: "We recommend you inflate your Water Master to around 2.5 to 3 PSI. We test the baffles and the seams by inflating it to over 5 PSI before it leaves the factory."

I have not yet received my Water Master, so perhaps others can comment regarding "tiny leaks in the seams".

When did you purchase your Water Masters?

3. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

Can't give you the PSI, but hard enough that when you lean on it with your knee that it doesnt yield too much. You dont want the oar lock caving while rowing... Bring both sides up the same, meaning dont do one side first then the other side. Go till semi firm on both, then top off. There shouldnt be any leaks. Use the glue from the patch kit to fix and not aqua seal...

4. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

My fishing buddy had a Watermaster about 10 years old and it developed leaks. He snet it back to the factory and they redid the seams and for not a lot of money as I recall. We stopped by the factory in Missoula a couple years back to pick up the repaired boat and he ended up buying another one. I used the repaired one on the Bitterroot the next day and I was really impressed by the WM! I have 3 pontoons and a drift boat, but that boat was the easiest to fin in a river of any of my boats and it was great for lifting over all the diversion dams on the 'root. You could call the factory and ask them about the seam leaks-very helpful people there! Rick

5. Mike Monsos

Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

Media:
    My WM is a "96" model and I have not noticed any seam leaks. I would contact BSI before making any more repairs to see if they can steer you in the right direction. Nice people to talk to, very helpfull IMHO.

Mike

6. Dave Henry

Dave Henry Member

Home Page:
    Thanks guys. My boats were purchased a year and a bit ago. i have to admit that they've been ridden hard and put away wet. They've been left out overnight in the snow and baked in the hot sun of the interior desert. I'm almost surprised that I haven't had more problems. I did use the glue that came with them, not aquaseal. I will eventually send them in to get the seams rewelded. Definately a hardy boat.