Watermaster score!

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Mark Walker, May 16, 2010.

1. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

I took off to the grocery this morning just after 7 to buy some breafast sausage for the Chief and lo and behold, look what I found at a garage sale a couple of blocks from the house!
    I don't know how old it is, so if anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate the info.
    Didn't completely unpack it or inflate it 'till I got back home. It has held air all day. Looks as though there's a very small patch on the underside as shown in the one pic. Doesn't appear to have much use, either.
    Here's the killer....the lady wanted $50.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

God, I love garage sales!:thumb:

2. FLGator

FLGator Member

You win...wow!

Thought I got a deal on mine and I paid 10x that much.

3. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson Old And In The Way

Home Page:
    Awesome! Reminds me of that quote "One of my worst fears is that when I die my wife will sell of my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!"

4. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    Sweeeet! You can be sure I won't mention this to the wife. I had her convinced a 20% discount for pre-ordering in December/January was a good deal. Right place at the right time man. Quick! Go buy a lottery ticket!

Garage sales are so weird. My neighbor had about a 300lb free standing shop drill press, and priced it at $50 also. Looked to have very little use. Sold within 15 minutes. Other stuff priced the same... junk. Made me sick as it sat there for a couple of hours waiting for a truck to come back and haul it away. He said he wanted to make sure it sold, well, ya think?

5. Mike Monsos

Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

Media:
    Sweet score! As to the age of the WM, there might be a serial number hand written on the material that the wood seat platform is mounted with. My serial number included 1996 so I figure that was the mfg year.

Mike

6. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

Golfies nutsac just turned into an innie

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Mark, I'll give you $100 for it. You doubled your money. It's a win-win for both of us. ;)

8. Mark Walker

Thanks for the info Mike! Seems to be 1997.

Greggor: I guess it sat there all day Saturday in the bag and only one person asked "what is that?"
    I've been buying Lotto tickets since the onset.....pffft!

Jerry: Good one!:rofl:

9. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Media:
    Send me the Watermaster and I'll send you some lemoncello!!!

10. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Nice score, not sure if you needed that but for fifty bucks I'm sure you can use it in the pool between fishing outings!

11. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Awesome, Mark!!!

I'm seeing a dangerous trend here. Ed, "needed"? Of course he needed it. A week ago, someone posted a toon in classifieds because he had "too many"--2. Now, I'm not married any more, but you married guys have to look out for each other. I remember once when my wife, who until that very day seemed a sensible lass (well, other than the time she seemed confused on her birthday when I gave us,...her.. a nice new .270 Winchester), asked me why I was bringing "another" boat home. The poor girl thought we had too many. Now, I ask you? We (always say we) only had a 24 ft offshore boat, a 17 ft bass boat, a john boat, and a 17' canoe. Just 3 boat trailers, guys. My point is we have to be very careful using terms like "needed"(unless we say " I needed it") and "too many". Have to run and check the Scadden site.

12. themaninthemoon

themaninthemoon Just waiting on warmer weather, .......

Hey Ed,
    Not "EVERYBODY" has a nice BIG, ( as in huge-o-mongo), new raft that they can float downriver carrying up to four seats of people trying to have a good time, like you do-o-o-o!
    But, ...while I'm ragging out on you, I gotta let you know that I appreciate your swap/horse-trade/purchase/deal with Riverman. I bought the newer frame that he got, which allowed him to keep the older (narrower) one for himself. Also bought two new maxxon tubes thru him too. So now I can float on down the river too!
    So, of course he (Mark Walker), needed it, and for $50.00 genuine US of A currency, it is as close to a bank giving away free money as you can get.

13. Ed Call

Media:
    You got the Riverman's other frame...sweet. Added a set of Maxxons...sweeter. Show us some damn pictures. I can't float four unless two of them are tiny. I have had Chris, Greg and Ed onboard for a day on the Yakima, plus our gear. We likely had a combined passenger and gear weigth approaching 750 pounds. I could row and control us well. The incredible Captain Scoones actually rowed us up river in a pretty brisk stretch so Greg and I could repeatedly pound a fishy stretch and he held us in one spot for a long period of time. When I was rowing I could hold us for a brief bit, but that guy is a rowing freaking machine. Now, of course Mark needed that Watermaster for all his fishing outings where he can backpack it into paradise and slay some brownies. My question is, why have we not seen your boat photos yet?

14. themaninthemoon

themaninthemoon Just waiting on warmer weather, .......

I'll send you a PM.

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:

This dude should be in jail for 'stealing' this boat . . .

Good for you, man!

16. PT

PT Physhicist

Don't any of you have a conscious? I'd have a hard time walking away knowing I stole that boat. Seriously! Sometimes it's nice to throw a couple extra dollars out there and say thanks, because you're still getting a great deal.

17. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Media:
    I've always thought it was the sellers responsibility to know the value of the item they are selling. Good score Mark!

18. Mark Walker

PT,
    No disrespect intended, but what color is the sky in your world?

Who in their right mind, would go to a garage sale, church bazaar, etc. and recognize a painting by Renoir, Picasso, or Rembrandt marked $25 and say "Hey, that's a masterpiece worth $125,000! I'll give you $115,000."

Not that it needs explaining, but since you seem to question or impune my integrity here, I bought it without taking it out of the bag, inflating it, or see if anything was missing. For all I know it could have been full of holes and a waste of money.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I believe you mean "conscience" and not 'conscious".

19. Ed Call

Media:
    What is the street value of a 1998 water master in a bag that has not been used, tested or looked at for many years? Morality? Before questioning anyones morality, conscience or integrity might we check the mirror, click their name and send that first volley to them via PM?

20. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Excellent thoughts, Mumbles.