NFR WDFW gets it right- Wolves part trois

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ribka, Sep 24, 2012.

1. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    Its a free country I think many people should give ranching a go & get in on some of this free money!!!
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    Being a rancher is a 24/7 job. Are you sure you want that headache.
  3. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +629 / 0
    Hence the term "general" . . . $$$$$$$$ goes in & it's generally never seen again . . .
  4. YAMMY Member

Abbotsford B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    If you want it to be! Some headaches like subsidies/being outdoors and shooting anything you want to "protect your herd or it's feed] aint so bad.IMHO
  5. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
    But the eco***** want their $24.00 a lb Whole Foods certified carbon neutral, organic free- range beef.

All the ranchers I know in WA, ID, MT , SD are taking more and more land off of CRP because they are not making the money they once used to.

Suppose we should tax Ag land at the same rate too as normal residential property too. Damn freeloading farmers

Quite the dilema

Edited adding ***** to replace content reported as offensive. (Ed Call)
  6. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Subsidizing anything, even airplane manufacturing, is bullshit. Free marked my ass, it's all a game played by the idiots voted into office...and they are subsidized by those manipulating the market. Bless the poor bastard trying to make it on his own these days...
    Ed Call and Flyborg like this.
  7. Golden Trout Active Member

North Central Washington
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    Thank you martyg. My son sent my wife this article which made all of us quite sick. Can't believe this guy couldn't hire a night rider to patrol the herd. What might the price tag on "Professional Hunters" be as opposed to some preventative responsibility?
    Derek Young likes this.
  8. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    I love wolves! Wolves make for the most entertaining internet forum threads.

Sg
    Flyborg likes this.
  9. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    we do not need wolves!! WE DID FINE WITHOUT THEM FOR A LONG TIME AND THEY WILL ONLY CAUSE PROBLEMS. IT WILL BE OKAY TILL THEY EAT SOME KID THEN SHIT WILL HAPPEN. I HATE TO SEE IT BUT IT WILL HAPPEN, MARK MY WORDS. MIKE W
  10. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Wolves did pretty good without us as well.
  11. psycho Active Member

B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +127 / 0
    I see someone has reread " Little Red Riding Hood":D
  12. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
    So did steelhead trout and salmon

What's your point?
    Olive bugger likes this.
  13. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Since you added salmon and steelhead to mix, my point would be we fucked all three of them up.
  14. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Truth.
  15. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Actually, humans do need predators. And the entire "humans are doing fine" thing is entirely debatable and probably outside the scope of my interweb capabilities. Also, caps lock? Really?
    Derek Young likes this.
  16. ChrisC Member

Ratings: +24 / 0
    You may be giving WDFW too much credit. Seems whatever WDFW tries to "manage", they are great at achieving opposite their desired outcome. So if you hate wolves, hope that WDFW deems it a "species of concern". Show up at WDFW's public hearings and testify that the agency should make every effort to protect wolves and that they should use the best available science in their decision making. Rest assured that the agency will show that it's extremely competent in being dismissive of every point you make. And you will have preemptively helped WDFW build its list of "I don't care what you say, we know better" talking points that it can playback to every enviro organization that tries to protect the wolves.

Similarly if you want to see the wolf population explode across the state, just let the agency continue along its current path.
    Jonathan Tachell likes this.
  17. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    I read this morning that two wolves were killed using the helicopter and sharp shooter.
    I'm thinking that the cost of killing those two wolves would buy lots of steaks.
    I love seeing my tax $ and lic fees going to a good cause.
  18. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +401 / 0
    No joke.

Good grief, if they are serious about thinning out the wolf packs, have a lottery for them. Make them somewhat expensive, make a little money (if nothing else, to just offset the cost of the tag process) and let the private sector take care of it. You KNOW there are folks out there who would jump on that opportunity.
  19. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    Dave they had some of the best professional hunters in the state gunning for these critters and they were UNSUCCESFUL none of the state qoutas for worlf kills were filled in Id and Mt.
    Wolves that are targeted are not going to be killed easily it is going to take helecopters and traps to do the job.
    I say let them eat beef and pay for the dead animals, keep the hunting pressure on and the wolves will be less a problem.
    jesse
    Derek Young likes this.
  20. o mykiss Active Member

Ratings: +176 / 0
    I think it's time to set up a new Wolves forum on WFF. While we're at it, can we bring back the Politics forum? J/K