WDFW hearing on the 2yr steelhead retention moratorium - Aug 28

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Chris Scoones, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Location of Kitsap Conference Center?

:confused: Could someone who knows Bremerton please confirm that the meeting location is walking distance from the ferry landing?

2. I'm going to use www.mapquest.com to find my way to the meeting. The bad thing is that Mapquest avoids ferries as if they didn't exist when they draw the map for you. The will use Gallopin Gurtie no doubt. But I'll let you know if I can fiind out anything.

Shoot, I might even pick you up at the ferry if it's too far to walk. We need every mouth--that's for sure.

Bob, the I'll be there, OK? :beer2:

3. Thanks!

Thank you, Bob. The directions I got off the web showed the center to be just to the North of the ferry landing and very close. I would welcome confirmation though.

Either way, I look forward to meeting you and many others. Thanks again.

4. Comments Submitted Along with A Suggested Option...

Hey All...

I just got my comments submitted to the Commission in support of continuing the "no kill" ban for wild steelhead. I also asked them to consider creating an "impact fund" and to make the money available to businesses that can demonstrate a decline in bookings, reservations, meals served, etc due to clients staying away because they can't keep a fish. I suggested raising the price of angling licenses temporarily to feed the impact fund. What do other folks think of this idea? In my mind, it kind of puts the onus on the OP communities to demonstrate being harmed to the extent they claim they would be. If they can't show a decline in business, then they would not get compensation from the impact fund. And if there was any money left in the fund after the two years are passed, they could make grants for habitat restoration and other such projects with it.

See you all on Saturday.

Be Well

Steve Cole (aka Southsound)