WDFW will not release 'early winter' hatchery steelhead this spring unless legal issues are resolved

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Andrew Lawrence, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Media:
    Home Page:
    That was me FSA with the last personal attack, not him. No need to call him "dad" when you know damn well he's ignored you. If you wanna call out a name caller it's me in this case. Man up and call me out. Still in the book.

Go Sox,
    cds

2. Lex

Lex Active Member

Freestone Angler: number two for the 2014 ignore list. Unfortunately, I'll still have to wade through your BS when others quote you.

3. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    Lex, you're in luck that the ignore feature also removes any quotes by the people you choose to ignore. A great feature to tune out some of the noise that at times makes the internet almost unbearable.

4. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    Also not the sharpest knife in the drawer I see... I was referring to you, and he and everyone else knows that :rolleyes:. I already responded to your childish rant... told you to send a PM if you wanted to continue your tantrum. You could always join the rest of the choir and exercise your ignore button... so you can be in perfect harmony.

Attached Files:

5. Charles Sullivan

Media:
    Home Page:
    I call bullshit.

Yours was a direct response to someone else. You are a liar and a coward.

Go Sox,
    cds

KerryS likes this.
  6. freestoneangler

Media:
    And you are punk out cashing checks your face can't cash. KerryS and I haven't agreed on much about a lot of things, but his point about reducing threads to name calling was spot on...and directed at you. Your inability to carry on debate w/o acting like an immature kid who isn't getting his way is revealing. Never had the need to use the ignore feature, but you are certainly making a good case for it.

7. Charles Sullivan

Media:
    Home Page:
    FSA,

You are the single most ignored person on this site as far as anyone can tell. You make all sorts of passive agressive remarks about people and their quoir etc. when you are ignored you call them names (like dad). They can't defend themselves.

I have decided to just call you out on the BS rather than take the passive aproach and ignore you. I freely admit that it's childish and inappropriate to call you names. But at this point what is the other option? I suppose I could just let you go around acting like you do, but that would be a bit like seeing someone with toilet paper hanging out their pants and not telling them.

What I find truly amazing is that in the face of people ignoring you left and right you continue to act the same and then claim they are the ones who can't handle a discussion. It's like the man who has been divorced 3 times and blames the women each time. At some point it's important to as the question "Is it me?".

I often ask "is it me?" In this case, the direct name calling is me.

Go Sox,
    cds

8. Jonnytutu

Jonnytutu Member

Wow boys, settle down now. Mature adults are allowed to disagree on things, its okay, sometimes there is no single 'right' answer. To start getting vicious when the other does not agree......that's weak, goes against the spirit of a good debate. It was an interesting thread throughout, with both sides having good arguments (although it surprises me that FSA and Rob Allen don't have more backers) ...then it got sad.

Fin

9. freestoneangler

Media:
    What happens when some cannot stand those that disagree with them and simply turn to childish name calling (well outside the bounds of oft hand jabs). It's been clear to me since I joined WFF that I am not among the majority on this thread when it comes to the to the "wild fish or nothing" crusade...I'm fine with that. Life w/o hatcheries would be ideal, but I don't feel it is reality and I think there is a place for both.

Choosing to use the ignore function is nothing short of stomping their feet, picking up their toys and leaving the playground. Sadly, it is a reflection of what is wrong with America on many levels. On the plus side, without them actively engaged, it's like shooting ducks in a pond.

10. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Trouble with your method of shooting ducks in the pond is you are the only duckhead on the pond. You are still on my ignore list. Every once in awhile I like to verify why I ignore you. It has nothing to do with temper tantrums and everything to do with eliminating the useless noise that comes from your keyboard. Don't bother replying I won't see it.

11. freestoneangler

Media:
    Oh, you see it all right.

12. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    as i've said before, the ignore list is not about stifling debate. i have and continue to have serious disagreements with many folks on this board.
    - i disagreed with many of the impacts of catch and release on heavily fished waters when discussing no fishing from boat regulations
    - i disagreed with many on the snider creek hatchery program
    - i disagree with some well respected posters about the impacts of hatchery fish and the need for early returning wild fish
    - i disagree with people that bucktailing is fly fishing.... and those fuckers should be on my ignore list ;)
    - i disagree with many about issues within the industry, guiding, etc.

none of these disagreements have resulted in additions to my ignore list. the difference is that they debate honestly and do not put words in people's mouths. dishonest debate tactics cause people to use the ignore list, not the actual debate. i'm generally disagreeable and love a good debate.

i've been reading and posting on piscatorial pursuits for years and nobody can say that board doesn't have seriously different views on hatcheries, harvest, and regulations than mine. i have one person on ignore because he got personal years ago, not because of any policy disagreements.

my ignore list contains people who debate dishonestly, put words in my mouth, or post political bullshit on this board (i look elsewhere for that). but if the ignored want to believe that i just cannot handle their version of truth telling that's fine because it is their right to believe in fairy tales like santa claus, the easter bunny, and their intellectual superiority.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  13. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Finally a subject that we all can agree on!!!!! Lets all play nice now,,,

14. freestoneangler

Media:
    Good. Steelhead fishing is overrated anyway.

15. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Wow- this thread got seriously de-railed.

Thoughts- without the hatchery fish to bonk- a lot of fishermen will give up fishing all together. Less pressure on wild fish, yes, but less proponents of the resource as well.

There will be an exponential increase in pressure on rivers that still receive the plants, and those rivers will undoubtedly close early as every single hatchery fish gets bonked and doesn't make it back to the hatchery.

Wild fish may indeed get a chance to rebound, but I suspect that we may get a moratorium on winter fishing completely for the better part of a decade

16. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

hatchery fish do not attract people who are proponents for our rivers.. heck wild fish don't even do that. The battles that have been won in favor of wild fish were won because one person or a small group of people fought tooth and nail to protect the fish.. Not because a large organized group of users got together and did anything...

the only really good example I can think of is Frank Moore and the Steamboaters..

and now Lee Spencer who keeps the pool full of fish from being poached...

what river did wild fish advocates in Washington save?? Heck we cannot even get WRS statewide without exception.. even though we tried.

The only way we will save wild steelhead in Washington state is to get people into WDFW who are willing to tell user groups hell no.

17. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

I don't want to be that guy, but are they still releasing hatchtard summers? ( I may have missed that in the thread)

18. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Rob, you and freestoneangler should get a room together. You two are such extreme opposites of each other you might just get along. While you guys are exploring each other's anal orifices perhaps the rest of us can get on with having intelligent and productive conversations.

19. freestoneangler

Media:
    This guy has a serious anal fetish... as demonstrated by his repeated references to the subject. But then he was the first butthead I encountered on this forum, so perhaps that explains it. They don't care for non-parishioner's of the COWS and resort to personal attacks when they don't agree with differing views. Then, like pouty kids, they use the ignore feature -- as if I give a shit.

Your ignore function appears to be broken Kerry, better call it in.

20. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There you go with the name calling again. You can't seem to make a civilized statement about anyone with calling them something derogatory. But we don't expect anything better from you. I would like to see all of these "repeated references" you speak of. Another tactic of yours is to spread false information about those that dislike you. And again with the name calling. I usually have you on my ignore list because your dribble is so useless and predictable it doesn't require constant viewing. You repeat the same posts over and over and over and over again. Like digging up a thread that had stopped getting posts 2 months ago. What, you couldn't find anything current that you could garner some attention from? You repeatedly describe the people on this forum using derogatory terms and wonder why nobody likes you. Grow up dude. Act like a man.