We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

LOL Islander. What a tic. What Cowlitz Party? One from here, or have you been to one of the Cowtilla's? I know we used to say that, until they banned the camp fires.

2. Jerry Daschofsky

Thanks for those who are putting money up front. Helps buying up stuff. I'm planning on buying a bulk bag of taters and onions (gonna do fresh french fries and onion rings), ribs, ribeyes, etc. Will make a faster float though for me on Saturday. Can leave the smoker unattended for a few hours, but do have to be back in time to do work with it. I'll load the smoker with lots of wood to last most of the day. Just don't want the steaks or ribs to get overdone.

Any other suggestions for food? I plan on buying bulk frozen hashbrowns (easy to toss on my flattops and cook up, with fresh onion and maybe garlic of course), tons of eggs, bacon, maybe some sausage (may make some fresh SOS one day), then of course other misc. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want. Hopefully I'll have my waffle maker come in, so I can do those one morning. :)

3. Islander

Islander Steve

It was the last WFF Cowlitz Party. Several years back, everyone had a great time.:beer2:

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

That one did me in. It took me two days to get better after a night of partying. Two kegs and more to drink than you could shake a stick at. But it was fun.

I seem to do this at all the get togethers. Drink and then don't fish.

Jim

5. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Really looking forward to the Hoh get-together. Still looking for someone to tow my driftboat out for me. So, if your going out via the Edmonds ferry. And you want a seat in a boat any time you want, PM me. I am heading out on Monday, back on Sunday.
    Jeff

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Ah, ok. Thought you may have went to a steelheader.net Cowtilla event we have in the summer. Have a few flyfisherman that come. Normally float the upper Cow from Barrier Down. Not as much sled traffic up there, especially if they haven't released the water.

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Jeff, sorry timing is not any better, but I'm not headed out until Thursday and back home on Sunday. I live about 15 minutes or less from the Kingston ferry.

8. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

that truly is the good shit. i haven't had a beer in a couple of months, sure looks good

9. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

I should be rolling in there sometime.

10. Jerry Daschofsky

I was thinking I may roll in late Thursday night. Gives me a chance to not hurry. After a long day at work, don't think I want to make that drive. Plus would have to leave all my stuff and boat hooked up at work. Don't want that, so will just be leaving early Friday morning.

11. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Looks like we will be there 20th, 21st and 22nd. I will probably miss most of you but if anyone will be there that first weekend let me know...

12. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

I just overhauled my mini-drifter's trailer bearings today. New races, bearings, and grease. Hadn't serviced them since I first installed my Bearing Buddies about 4 years ago. Upon inspection, one side looked good as new, the other was pitted and grooved and needed replacing due to a leaking seal that let salt water get sucked in when I launched with a warm hub last summer, so i did 'em both.
    Now I'm rolling clean and solid again. Whoopee. One less excuse not to be there. If I could only get over my fear of crowds.:clown:

13. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Yeah, me too. It's just a short hop, skip and a jump from where I live also. Try about an 800 mile plus drive.

I must be nuts to want to come over there and be with youse guys. Somebody please bring a straight jacket for me.

Jim

14. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Jim, a straight jacket would signify getting committed into the state mental hospital. I'm thinking that we are more of a duct tape you to a lawn chair crowd. Just kidding, you are just crazy enough to come out here and I for one am looking forward to shaking your hand and meeting you.

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I have to be a little nuts to come all the way there in the middle of winter.
    Well at least it is here. We've had snow coming down for four days now, while I grant you it isn't much on the ground. But it annoying because it's also cold out. It's plus 3 this morning. BBBuuurrrrrrrrrrrr.

Jim

16. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Jim, if we get you a straight jacket, someone will have to help lift that Jim Beam for you all weekend...that might be a little strange ptyd But at least interesting.

17. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

This morning we got winter back, and it's a full blown one. It is -4 this morning With more snow coming.

I'm starting to hate it here. Not so much the snow but the cold temps. It makes it hard to fish with your eyes on your rod frozen all the time.

I know this has nothing to do with the thing on the Hoh, but I didn't want to start a new thread on winter in Montana.

Jim

18. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Jim, in two weeks the temps will be in the 70's, all roads will be clear and all really scary, high bridges will be removed or detoured thru lowlands. You gotta be there old buddy cuz I just don’t know if I’ll ever have a rig good enough to get to Montana. If my jeep breaks down I have a plan “B”. I’m cramming all my ultra light camp gear into an REI back pack, making a cardboard sign that says, “WFF the Hoh 2009 or bust” and sticking my mutha fewkin’ thumb out. Now if I’m willing to do all that, you gotta dip yer line this time.

19. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

You know I've been thinking about that thing about dipping my line into the Hoh. I have to buy a stupid license and it is going to cost me about 20 bucks for a one day license. That is some high costing shit. And I can only get a combo license. Why do I give a shit about fishing in the salt water for. I did it once and even though I washed my gear off and oiled up the reel it still froze up.

I think that all I want to do is drink up a little sauce and say to hell with dipping a line. I just like to bullshit with people that I haven't seen for a while. But I will give it a crack on friday.

I'm coming and abouit the only thing that will stop me is a snowstorm. I have 4 passes to cross.Two in Montana, one in I-da-ho, And one in Washington.

But look at the bright side. It was minus 4 this morning and it's now warmed up to plus 11. The ground is all white and I'm pissed that I can't get out. Well I could but I can't keeep the ice off my eyes for very long.

About Friday it is supposed to get above freezing so I will have a go at it then.

Jim

20. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Jim, I'll give you 20 bucks.