We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +69 / 0
    Sorry about the 2009.
  2. Randall Dee Castaway

Cascadia
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    OK, I read all the posts. Still not entirely clear on how the trip works. Is it a float trip with camping along the way, or do you all camp at a campground and day float? I gathered it was on the Hoh? I'm assuming you're steelhead fishing? Details, I need details?
  3. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    I usually stay at the Oxbow, bring your own water and TP. I live out of my Cherokee with propane heat and something to eat with. Some opt for the facilities at Forks. I’m not bringing my daughter for any Twilight shit. Once I’m on the river, I stay there. Only shuttles I do are river shuttles for rides. I’ll put in for enough time to bleed over into two weekends. Narrow it down to two weekends Decker. With a bigger window of time, more people show up. I like staying during the week when there isn’t any pressure. I’ll burn some vacation off at work. No stress allowed. This is just steelheading. I’ll take 9 days, but some of that will be with my kids.
  4. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Matt , Will you be providing me Beer ?? If so I might show but only if you provide the Beer and only the good stuff !!! :beer1::beer1: -See Below-

Attached Files:

5. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +684 / 5
    I was going to go last year. My father in law passed away just a couple days before the event. So I couldn't go. This year could be a possibility though.

Whatever do you mean?

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I've been known to do a few breakfasts, and maybe a dinner or two. :D
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +684 / 5
    Oh, btw. The Hoh is one of my favorite rivers. You can bank and/or float it. There's access for banking it, with actual good spots where you walk in (some places you have some walking to do before you get a decent hole). Not sure what the floods have done to it though.

Yeah, bring something to keep you dry, that's for sure. I may just be a bank maggot if I go. I'll bring my camper and get it dried out and ready for the trip. Maybe bring my son with and initiate him. LOL. Maybe not, I may want to drink without repercussion. But if you have a tent, make sure you have a good tarp to put over it.
  7. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +508 / 1
    rad im in. just pick a date and like the jackson 5 ill be there.
  8. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    This sound like fun. I couldn't make it last year, and not sure if I can make it this year either, but if I can, can I get a float with someone? I'll row for part of it. JD?
    Buck.
  9. I'm in. Got a meself a spey rod and the rest, new camp gear, need some other stuff, this time I'm not going to have James outfish me if he shows up.
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,713 / 0
    I was there last year. One hell of a long drive just to drink and bullshit. The weather sucked. About the only thing I liked about it all was the nice warm motel room I had in Forks. Clean sheets and hot showers every night. Oh, and one more thing I had to pay taxes on everything. No tax in Montana. Unless you stay in St.Regis.

Jim
  11. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +734 / 2
    PMS me your address and I'll send you a hankey.....

The trip sounds like fun. If I go there'd be a seat or two available in my boat.
    Dave
  12. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    you bitchin about your warm hotel room tax? in forks for a $50/night room? it aint even in king county.
    you coulda camped out and saved the $$ if that really bothers you so much, but then,
    we'd be reading you bitchin about how cold it was and how your back hurts......

:rolleyes:

jd
  13. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    OM, you are one miserable dude.bawling:
  14. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +322 / 0
    If you had to joust with a rope or take a 36 hour pill so you can have 3 minutes of fun followed by a day and a half of ring toss with yourself, you would be cranky too...
  15. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,713 / 0
    Shit with friends like you all. Who in the hell needs any enemies.

At least when I'm bitching, it means that I'm still alive. If you don't hear from me in over three days it probably means I'm dead.

Jim
  16. Sam Decker New Member

cuddebackville NY
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm there from the 20-28th. Maybe this time I could fish with one of you. I do know how to row, I am on my third Hyde. I guide on the Delaware in NY.
    We have a house rented in Forks.
  17. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Molly, I would consider it an honor and a privilege. Really dug that egg sack you had on your line last year. I will be there from the 21st through the 29th. I'll submit that today so those Dates are now in concrete.

The WFF HOH 2009 will be the weekends of March 21 & 22 through 28th & 29th.
  18. Coonhound Jed New Member

bainbridge island wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    THANK YOU MATT!!!!!
  19. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Dave, I'm not sure if I can get away either but if I can, could I possibly get a lift in your boat.
    Also, are you guys gonna get some shirts again, to commemorate the trip?
    Do most of you camp? Is there a camp site? Could someone post a link or the info to said site (if there is one)? Is there gonna be some kind of community tent in the event it pours like a mother again?
    Buck.
  20. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I'll echo Buck's question about t-shirts and campsites.

I'll try to be there. I'd be the doofy looking guy in a funny hat riding an out-of-control Skookum Steelheader. Wave as I flail on past, see you at camp. We can commiserate over cheap cigars and booze in camp.

also it would be good to put some faces to these personalities in these pages...:thumb: