Weekend reports

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

Ok guys. I've had to watch kids all weekend so Hit me up with some reports. Local rivers. Nothing far away. Local meaning within 50 miles of Everett. I've been also laid-up with bad ribs just one more time(three times this year,must be a klutz) but now that the weekend is over with I'm ready to go out and hit it again. Sore ribs and all. But I have a remedy for the ache,Drugs help.

Thanks for all of your good answers in advance. Jim :COOK

2. trmcknot

trmcknot New Member

Tom, I was at Point no Point, and hooked two. I think I was the only guy on the beach fihing legal. The biologist's say "they're coming", so I will be there next sat.

3. rockfish

rockfish Member

I second that about the silvers are coming, this last 4 or 5 days have been a whole lot better.

what do you mean you were the only one fishing legal at point no fish? were people using barbs?

4. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

I hit the Stilly. Started the morning off down stream from Silvana, and the river was thick with silvers. I coulndn't buy a hit, but I could see them rolling and jumping all over. A guy fishing a dick-nite spoon hooked 2, one in the 10-12 pound range in 30 minutes or so. I got disgusted and left.

Then fished just below Arlington, and saw nothing. Two gear chuckers, nothing.

I then hit the Lime Kiln area, and caught a little smolt in the main pool at that access, and moved upstream, nada.

Then hit Cicero bridge, ran into 2 guys wet wading (water temp 56F) and looked like rookies, who were quite proud to have caught a smolt. I got concerned when the catcher called for the pliers. I fished their spot when they left. Took a wild jack steelie on my first cast into that area! Nada after.

Caught a couple of asian guys spin fishing at the bridge, and we very nice about not fishing any more when I told them it was FF Only. There was a bridge troll who tried to complain I was tresspassing on private property when I was in the middle of the river down by the RR bridge.

Rob :THUMBSUP
    ---------
    Genetic pollution damages wild
    stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

5. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

I fished the SF Stilly yesterday at Redbridge per your suggestion. Found a pool with a few fish in the 13-15" range (SRC?- one jumped completely out and made a big splash) but couldn't catch anything bigger than 10". Lots of gear guys around who weren't shy about joining me and tossing big spinners and spoons. Had my best action on a #10 Stimulator greased and skated.

6. gknell9

gknell9 New Member

Fishing just south of Orting, WA there were a lot of fish in the morning.These were mostly "BIG" kings.
    Saw three catches and four snags in the morning and in the afternoon saw a 30 inch king rise about 6 inches from my foot ,but nothing on my line all day.

7. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Did my usual SRC fishing in the Skagit Saturday morning. Hooked up 10 or 12. Landed 5 or 6, all around 15 to 16 inches. I seemed to LLR a bunch of fish this outing for some reason. Checked my hook regularly. Seemed nice and sharp :DUNNO One silver but lost him close to the boat. I got a little to aggressive with the silver :SAD

Drove to the upper Skagit and the Sauk Sunday checking out steelhead runs during the low water.

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

Thanks for all the reports people. I was going to go out this morning but after I got up and the morning went on and it kept getting later and later I just got lazy and did nothing but drive around and look for all the fish that arn't there.

I stopped at the Tavern and looked down from the bridge and saw nothing. Went to the other side by the Church still nothing. Usually when you look over those two bridges you will see a few fish in the water. Today nothing. I didn't even see anything rolling like I usually do below the Tavern. This was on the Stilly. I was going to try out Pilchuck Creek,but it was barely running. I used to catch big cutts out of that creek.

I guess that I'm just going to have to kick my butt out of bed sooner. I think what my biggest problem is that I don't like to fish alone and that's what I've been doing lately.

Jim :BIGSMILE