weekend steelhead report (nooksack,vedder)

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Tylerflies, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Tylerflies New Member

Bellingham, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nooksack was down and clear friday. couple big dolly bites but couldn't stick em. floated N fork on sunday. water was up and muddy, but fishable. I imagine it is borderline now. cross fingers for a cold snap. Hooked and lost a huge dolly, but no steelhead by anyone. If the rain stops thursday on should be good.

Vedder (BC) is famous for big steelhead, but all I see are fisherman. was fishing good, it doesn't blow out easily, but colors up from clay seeps. no fish, just fisherman. were the hell are the fish? were the hell do all the fisherman come from?

I would love a report from the sky. Would like to make a trip down to seattle for one more go before she closes.

Peace,
    Tyler
  2. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    I fished the Nooksack HARD this weekend and got my ass kicked.
  3. Tylerflies New Member

Bellingham, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The nooksack does kick ones ass pretty hard. For some reason, as crazy as it may be, I love to fish it. even if its a barren steelhead wasteland ( I know its not, but it sure feels like it) catching a big native nooksack steelhead would be a great feeling, so I'm gonna be fishing it hard until it closes. Maybe I'll see you there.

Good luck to you.

Tyler
  4. Runejl Josh

Bellingham, Washington
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Yep,

I too have been taking my beating. Thank you sir may I have another.

Later,
    Josh