Welcome / Introductions

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Chris Scoones, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Hi my name is Rick, I just got back into flyfishing. I grew up in Montana and spent every day as a kid fishing. I have lived here in WA for 15 years. I have not gotten into steely/salmon fishing yet but I am sure that will come. Found the site while looking around for Wa stuff. Am looking forward to getting out more this summer. :thumb:

2. Greetings from whidbey island Name is jim ,ret navy long time ago,lost fishing pal looking for new one

3. Hello to all, my name is Keith and I have been lurking around the site for about a month now. Like some of ther others I have yet to catch a salmon or steelhead on a fly and it has now become an obsession. I enjoy all that this site has to offer.

Keith

4. :thumb:

Hi there! My name is Dan and I live in the Bellingham area. Have been a Washington state resident all my life. Spent six summers in SE Alaska commercial, and sport fishing. Always come back home. I have always trolled, and spin cast for salmon. Did some SRC fishing around here when I was younger.
    I recently(2004) got into fly fishing for salmon. Took me two summers, but finally left my spinning rod in the truck, and forced myself to use the fly rod. Foggy days were best so nobody could see my antics. I didn't know what I was missing. I'm 36 and wished I would have started about 30 years ago. Better late than never.
    I bought a TFO ticr 6 wt. to use for light salmon and SRC fishing. I did a search for WA SRC fishing. That is how I found your community. I love those hard fighting fish, and here they take a fly well. Look forward to listening and learning. Thanks for the time Dan L

5. Hello all! Originally from interior Alaska - moved to Seattle 5 years ago, been fly fishing for approximately 15 years now, never going back! Much like some other new folks I have been visiting this site for nearly a year and enjoy the wealth of information & thought provoking banter.
    Still in search of the ever elusive steelhead to hand here in WA - but every journey has been worth it. Look forward to posts and hopefully getting to know some of you and some other waters a bit better.

Cheers

Pat

6. This is great. Welcome new guys!

You've found a great fly fishing site, a great resource, and a great community.

:beer2: :thumb:

7. Hello just joining the post today thought I would say hello to all of you out there.

8. I love reading your BB Chris and those hats are too cool. I'm afraid if I order one I won't have the cast to back it up however. Maybe by the end of spring!

I grew up in near the mouth of Chimacum creek and now at 35, have made it all they way to the S. end of Whidbey Island! I love fishing the salt and look forward using my fly rod more in 2006! Just purchased a Weldcraft that's perfect for the sound, so I plan on a year full of fishing.

Happy New Year!
    Jeff Dodd
    Whidbey

9. My name is Denny. I live in the Renton area. I met some of you at the Cedar River cleanup day. Was born and raised in the town of Okanogan. Moved to the West side in the 60's. Hunted and fished since I was a young boy. Started flyfishing 20 years ago. Made some of my own rods, tie some of my flies, the ones I can still see to tie. Love nothing better than fishing on top. Do most of my fishing in the dessert lakes and rivers in Idaho and Montana. This site has been a great resource for me for many things. Someday, perhaps I can contribute something of value

10. Hi All. I've been reading the threads for some time and finally decided to jump in with both waders. I'm not much of an angler right now, though I spent 25 years in Alaska and flogged a lot of those waters. My main interest in the forum is learning all I can about Natural History stuff. I can't imagine folks more attuned to fish, insects, and other wild things than flyfishers.
    I have a couple of questions for everyone: What topics are to be avoided? I know enough not to ask where to fish. What else will get me zapped? Do you mind if I occasionaly have a question about a mayfly I find,etc?
    I live on Whidbey Island and spend as much time outdoors as possible. I look forward to someone answering my 2 questions
    ----Steve E.

11. Hello,

New on the site! Looks like a lot of good people and information. Look forward to being a part of the forum.

Live in Southern Oregon next to the Rogue River, which is in flood stage today. :beathead:

Threader

12. Greetings all.:beer2:

Just joined the forum today and thought I would introduce myself. I live in the Inverness (North Scotland) and work as a ghillie on the river Ness. I am mainly into salmon fishing/speycasting and have been doing so for the last 15-16 years.

I have never been over to BC, but am hoping to come over next October some time.

Gordon Armstrong

13. My name is Mike, and it has been 6 1/2 hours since I last lurked.
    I, like MNfly, am a Northwesterner trapped in the frozen tundra of Mintasoda.
    I spent many years in Seattle as a kid, and many more years in Oregon (Portland and Corvallis. Go Beavers!) I married a wonderful woman from Seattle named Lora, and made the ultimate sacrifice by moving to Minneapolis to be closer to her family six years ago. I flyfish for trout and bass here and in Wisconsin, and am a sporadic intermediate tyer (my 2 1/2 year daughter and 10 month old son seem to have slowed my production down a bit). My entire family lives in Seattle and LaConner WA, so I am out there at least three times a year.
    So after a few discussion with my wife following the lines of "wouldn't it be nice to have my family closer by with the two kids and all", it would seem we are targeting a move sometime in the spring or summer job permitting.
    As for Wff, I have spent many a work hour dreaming of being in a drift boat because of this site. What a great community and great people!

I'll start chiming in when appropriate, and if anyone needs info on fishing in the Dakotas, MN, or WI, let me know.
    Mike
    :beer1:

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    - Henry David Thoreau

14. Politics,Politics,politics,don't ask. Ask about all the bugs that you want to. Swearing will get your fingers slapped.

The Ancient one.

Jim

15. Mingo, Jim, others, this thread isn't for discussion but for intro's only.

16. Hello, I'm Wayne. Not exactly a newby but sure haven't posted very much. I first picked up a flyrod some 33 years ago. My parents' neighbors all wanted to know if I was catching anything in the driveway. My first fish on the fly was a bluegill. My first fish on one of my own ties was a crappie, caught on a streamer made with white sewing thread and ostrich feathers I stole from my mom's duster. Recently I (re)discovered the joy of salt water fly fishing with SRCs and silvers, and sculpins, and flounders, and even squids. Not a purist by anymeans, but have found fly rods to be just as effective, or ineffective, as any other type of gear.

17. Hi.....my name Wes, whenever I think about the beautiful state of Washington, your sight takes me home again, at least for a short time.My memories take me back to a time in the late sixties over forty years ago stationed in Puget Sound with the USN. Catching Giant Chinook salmon under the Gig Harbor bridge in Tacoma. The Stillaguamish ( Stilly ) and Fox Creek are only,a flash and wonderful memories of times taking the ferry from Bremington to Seattle in search of Washington fish.How is the Stilly doing ?????looking for some pictures to rekindle my memories.I live in the state of Rhode Island where Trout, and Stripers are some of the best fishing in New England.

18. My name is Randy and im a flyfishaholic....I graduated from Missouri State University this December and am moving to the Spokane area by next august. ive looked over this site for a while now. i fround it from worldanglr and am leaving in 9 days to go to patagonia till the end of march. im from missouri and regularly fish the white river system my mentor recently caught the new state record brown....27lb 10oz 38 in long....tight lines

19. I live in Ellensburg. Been fly fishing seriously since 1973. Pretty much an old school fly fisherman and fly tier. Just like to check in and see how others are enjoying this great sport.

Keith H.