Welcome to my small part of the world.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fredaevans, Jan 10, 2008.

1. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +118 / 0
    Coyote killed by small jet at airport

January 08, 2008

A US Airways plane from Las Vegas hit a coyote while landing in Medford early Monday morning.

"We have wildlife issues all the time, but this is the first I've ever heard of a coyote strike," airport manager Bern Case said.

The coyote was killed in the collision, but a check found no damage to the small jet, he said. Case said passengers might not even have noticed the impact upon landing at about 2 a.m.

Mesa Airlines operates the US Airways flights serving Medford. Details about the number of passengers on the flight weren't available Monday.

The Medford airport has wildlife fencing to keep animals away from the runways, but coyotes can get through by swimming in creeks that cross the fence line, he said.

Case noted that rabbits are plentiful on the airfield, but they avoid the paved areas where planes travel.

Wily coyotes usually avoid planes and people, too. Case speculated that stormy weather might have confused the coyote.
  2. jobyksu Long Drift Trouter

Toronto, ON
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thats unfortunate, ACME Co. has lost one of its best customers...

Around here and at the house in Kansas, the coyotes are looking pretty meager and pitiful. The ice storm and it's aftermath made it hard on them and they've been coming all the way into downtown. When we're gone, it'll be all coyotes and cockroaches...
  3. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    Fred, you reall got to NFR some of these posts. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them, but its good to have the NFR.
  4. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +118 / 0
    Okie Dokie.:thumb: