Wenatchee Flyfishers....Newbie help!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Archfisher, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Archfisher

Archfisher New Member

Just wanted to say hi as I'm new to the forum and the area of Wenatchee. I grew up in Yakima and now live in Wenatchee and I'm looking to get back into fly fishing and tying. Looking to join a club, grab a beer with some locals, and get my butt out on the water soon as possible. A little background as I'm not new to fly fishing my Dad started me when I was 5 but took up hunting and that has consumed much of my time and now I'm switching gears to get back into my my first love.
    Thanks for any help,
    Dusty

2. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Welcome back to this awesome sport and to the best forum out there.

Eric Denny likes this.
  3. Archfisher

Archfisher New Member

thanks glad to be back....anyone in Wenatchee?

4. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    The Wenatchee fly club is a good place to start. They have a bunch of active club members. I've met a few of them at Quincy Lake and the ones I met weren't on the board.

5. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Welcome! The Wenatchee Valley Fly Fishers meet the third Thursday of the month, but i am not sure if there are meetings over the summer. Great group.

http://www.wvff.net/calendar.html

If you want really close fishing options, Beehive, Clear, Black and other the lakes below Mission Ridge have lots of stocked trout. They are very popular so you won't have solitude until they switch to C&R regs in July when you also have a greater chance of meeting local fly anglers. If you are up for a walk-in lake, check out the fly only lake, Upper Wheeler. For moving water, the choices are further away and fewer. The Icicle can be fun when the flows drop.be sure to check the regs and maps carefully on all Wenatchee tributaries as many are closed or have closed sections.

6. Archfisher

Archfisher New Member

My friend said he wants to go with me and he has never fly fished which lake would you suggest for a first timer, we will be in pontoon boats?
    thanks for the info by the way