Wenatchee saturday

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by LBC, Oct 20, 2011.

1. LBC

LBC nymphing beads with a spey pole.

Media:
    I have one seat for sure open, possibly two. Guarantee two things.. a barking laborador dog, and a good time. $ for a shuttle is a plus. I enjoy spey casting and long walks on the beach let me know if your interested. and two requirements... you have to be willing to run the bobber off the front of the boat... and/or you have to know how to row.. and not some dbag that thinks you know how to row... row to get into fish. oh and you have to bring me a coffee in the a.m. and be cool. If you fit these requirements and want to fish from sunup to sundown let me know. you know who you are.

2. LBC

Media:
    FYI this sums up hows i run my ship.

3. doublespey

doublespey Steelhead-a-holic

LMAO - I'm really glad I wasn't drinking or my monitor would be covered.

4. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Media:
    why do you do this on pheasant opener. Is there a NON LIKE button?

5. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Prestige Worldwide! Lets fish in the next few weeks.

6. dreamonafly

dreamonafly Member

Media:
    Run the bobber, row a boat, bring coffee, be cool, and don't be a dbag.. That's five requirement?

7. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    HOLY CRAP that's funny!! Although I'm pretty sure it's NSFW....oops! Good luck with the snatchy :)

8. LBC

Media:
    SEATS TAKEN. 220 views. and 1 poor soul and his dog are taking the risk. Was it the be "cool" part that most of you didn't think you qualified for? its subjective.... We could have worked on your self esteem.. I'm an unlicensed psychiatrist that speaks the language of sarcasm. I know it couldn't have been the B word that deterred you. Boats and hoes. PT glad to have you aboard.

9. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Along with a coolness deficiency Luke, I have zero experience rowing a boat for nymphing and would likely bugger that up. And while I love labs, I'm partial to the trained sort that don't bark incessantly from sunup to sundown cuz I likes my quietude. Shit, about the only upside I got here is that I've fished the Wenatchee since 1973 and have a few ideas about fishing it. PT is good company tho, and you'll have a good time. Good luck.

Oh, and I'm sicker than the proverbial dog this week and ain't fishing for a few days.

Sg

10. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Needs more cowbell!

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    And more hoes. I can't wait to read/watch/hear this trip report!

12. KEM

KEM Member

Media:
    See you Sunday with another retard chocolate lab, a 30 bomb, and my spey..........

13. Mulligan

Mulligan Stephen Mull

Media:
    Holler at a player next time. I can row boats and drink beer. Can't fish worth a lick.

14. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I can't wait to hear about this epic voyage & hear about the fantastic fishing due to all the good karma

15. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I was out on the 'Snatchee and saw the boat but missed the 'hoes.

Fishing was slow for us. One nice boil behind the fly but couldn't get him to come back and eat. Another solid tug on the dangle later in the day and I choked. No fish for us...

Gear guy below me pulled out a nice 8-9lb fish and we saw several others rolling. Giant zombie Kings causing a ruckus everywhere.

16. PT

PT Physhicist

Not a bad day on the water.
    TM, you caught up to us right before we installed the pole and picked up the strippers. Just below that bridge we saw you at. I kept watching 'em dance and Luke kept telling me my bobber was down. I'd look around and then figure out he was talking about my float/flossing rig..;)

Nice day on the water. Dogs got along just fine and I realized Salmo has been right all these years....... God blew his nose all over those rocks and watches as us fishermen bumble our way down that snotty, slimy river bottom. At least my phone started working again after a couple days drying out. Luke gave me first water on most runs we swung.... Pretty sure he did it just so he could learn how not to spey cast. Maybe that's why he has such a sweet stroke..

Not sure If I'll ever get another chance to fish with him. All he heard for 9 miles was me saying "Holy Schit, this is nice swinging water. 1 run later it'd be Holy Schit, this is nice swinging water...... For 9 miles!" That'd drive anyone bonkers.

Thanks again for the seat, I had a great time. Until I got a ticket by Alderwood Mall doing 65 in a 60!

17. PT

PT Physhicist

Maybe next time we'll just hire Buckmilter1 to show us just how silly this steelheading game can be.

18. LBC

Media:
    The video vixens that we picked up in Monitor were good girls. The bottom was slippery.. more so than any other river Ive fished. I swore that a few runs on the D were the gnarliest but have been proven wrong. For two peoples first time on the water, I'd say not bad.. 1 wild fish, a bridge lip sucker, a coho, couple whities.. the wenatchee slam. Fun to watch the dogs do their thing. and to watch an old tweed fisherman with a midspey falling into the drink on the first run was pretty fun to watch as well. To the dude with the hat...sorry bro but you gotta admit that was funny as hell.... Nice hat though. I also learned that there is only ONE way to fish for steelhead and that there is only ONE thing that gets them to eat!!! hahahaha.. Good stuff and a fun time. Glad you jumped aboard Dave. oh and I also learned that no matter how much of a dart you throw with a short belly line i.e. skagit or scandi... it doesn't count. I was impressed with the amt of h2o that could be swung. Dave fell in early and wanted to bobber fish the rest of the day.

19. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Slipperier than deer guts on a door knob I've always said. Felt plus studs or cleats plus wading staff = minimum for half ways secure wading. Thus prepared I don't think I've ever taken a Wenatchee baptism. And yeah, there's a whole lotta' good swing water. Must be some decent bobber doggin' too; at least I've seen some guide boats doing it - maybe so they don't have to get out and wade.

Sg

20. KEM

KEM Member

Media:
    So let me get this straight...A few whities, suckers, and skunks.... I can't wait to be invited by you for an epic weekend of spooning and fishing, as long as I can watch a bobber. Did my techs point you in the way of fish by chance? What a bummer weekend for steel. I'm inundated with Coho this week........ttyl dude....