Went fishing today

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    The weather was nice today. 57 and the sun was shining. So I thought I would go out and throw a few flies around. I stopped of at Frontier Anglers to see what the hot fly was today. He sold me some pink flies and said this is what they were hitting on.

I went up to my favorite hole on the Beaverhead and commenced to do just that. I tried Pink on pink. Soft hackle on pink. Soft hackle on a Ray Charles. Always two nymphs with a indicator(bobber). Boy did I ever strike out. But the weather was nice. Now if it would just stay this way, but this is Montana. Could be 20 below and snowing like hell is about two shakes of a lambs tail.

Then I came home and got insulted on here. But it is still a lot of fun here.
  2. Krusty Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +600 / 0
    I went for the longest motorcycle ride yet, for this year. Kinda cold, but good. Sounds like both of us had a great day, and we're both still on the sunny side of the grass!
  3. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Sounds like you two old fart's had a wonderful day.
    Krusty likes this.
  4. jimmydub Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    Sounds like a great day, and if you shorten it up a little,

Fly fishing can just sound downright dirty. Glad you had a good day, I'm going to get out tomorrow myself.
  5. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +740 / 0
    There is the old adage about a bad day of fishing...and it's good to know I am not alone. I went out this AM to see if a few old boot hatchery brats were still running about. I'm sure they are there but the water was blown up. Good new is it's flooding because it's warm, not from rain. Nice sunny day. I think I have a sunburn.

Anyway, here's hoping you keep the sunshine for a few more days. :)
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    The closest thing I have to a Motorcycle is an ATV. And when the weather is nice I also like to ride it. I can go many places with this little 4x4 and have a bushel of fun doing it.
    Krusty likes this.
  7. Jack Devlin Active Member

Western Washington, Puget Sound area
    Ratings: +960 / 1
    When are we going to see some photos from your new camera??????
    Jack
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I gotta catch something first.
  9. Jack Devlin Active Member

Western Washington, Puget Sound area
    Ratings: +960 / 1
    I went fishing today too and didn't catch anything too but I still took some pictures.:) DSC00970.jpeg
    Porter and Patrick Gould like this.
  10. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    Great pic Jack. I love living in the dry side, but I do miss the Salish Sea.
  11. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Thanks for making me feel humble.
    Jackd likes this.