Went out again today.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Jun 19, 2013.

1. I made it out to my favorite little skinny water today. I was loaded up with Red Copper Johns. First cast I had a fish. About 12 ". I took it's picture and put it back. The picture doesn't do it justice. I continued to fish the "Cave hole" ( I will call it that because there is a big cave across the road from it). I got two more out of there and a few more hits. One more Cutt and one whitefish of about 16 or so inches. Boy, was the wind blowing. You would steel yourself against the wind and when there was a break in the wind you almost fell in the water.

I then moved down stream to the next big hole and proceeded to make a mess of things. Picture following. Got a few hits but no love. The wind was blowing harder down there. Said the hell with it and put my rods away and went farther down stream. Stopped down where the creek flattens out and watched the fish play. I got out a dry fly and decided to throw that around. It was a Quigily Cripple(thanks Doc Bob). Got one hit and he got the fly. Tied on a EHC(Doc Bob again). Caught one more fish. A small Cutt. Boy, was the wind really blowing the trees were bending down to about 60 degrees. I did catch myself in the back of the head and in my side. Thank goodness for pinched barbs.

Did I say the wind was blowing. The weather chased me away and it said go home. Got a few pictures of the sky.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    Skysoldier, Achilles and GAT like this.
  2. Damn Jim, you're starting to sound like a fly fisherman...:D

triploidjunkie likes this.
  3. Holly cow! You're using your camera :) Glad you got out and caught some fish. The wind is hardly ever the friend of flyfishers.

4. Man, what do you expect saying the W-word so dang much!? :D

Nice fish, there!

5. Nice report and pics, Jim! Well, outside of your second picture.

Damn, you have a vehicle with cruise and airbags???? :confused:

I always kinda pictured you driving a '47 Willys or an early '50s Chevy pickup! ;)

6. Hey man, he drives a Ford, so don't give him SH**... ;)

7. Way to tough it out. Clark Canyon looks nasty.

8. Heh!

FORD: Found On Road Dead

Yeah, I know Ford guys are gonna say: "First On Race Day!"

Sorry, I'm a Chevy guy and own a '69 Z28. Ya think I'm a little biased? ;)

9. I drive what I can afford. The sky was a nasty gray and black It kind of chased me out of there. I got that snarl before I even got in the water. The wind was nasty. It's a good thing the the sun was shining and half way warm out.

Jim Speaker likes this.
  10. Chevrolet...hmm... Cracked Heads, Each Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time :p

Dipnet likes this.
  11. C'mon Roper, didn't you see the worm? He's totally chuckin' bait... :D

12. No. Someplace close to Dell Mt. And it's loaded with fish. RB's, Cutts, A few Browns, and Whitefish. Although I have not yet caught a Brown out of it I have been told that they are there.

13. FORD = Fix Or Replace Daily

K

14. And to completely hijack this thread:

BUFFET = Big Ugly Fat Fuckers Eating Tons

K

15. Kent, are you referring to Big Belly Bob's Buffet and Gravy Bar?

16. Only owned two Chevy's. Both were a piece of shit. I guess that I'm a Ford man. At least the older ones. The ones you could fix with bailing wire and duct tape. But you youngsters wouldn't know about that would you. Now to fix a car you need a college degree. And a computer.

17. Shoot, OMJ, I'm know what 100-mile-tape is, and I've used bailing wire to temporarily support an exhaust. I'm not as ancient as you, of course, but these things are generational. I think the first thing that should be shoved into a cubby or under a seat in any vehicle is a roll of duct tape...