Were any of you in waders walking down SR302 today?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +684 / 5
    If so, WTF were you doing?????? I'm hoping it was a WFF'er. But as I was driving to do my pickups in Key Center, I passed 118th Avenue on SR302. As I came around the bend there were two flyfishers, in waders, carrying fly rods, walking towards Purdy. Minter Creek is nearby, but it's totally closed, even upstream (what there is of it) this time of year. So if you're willing to fess up, WTF were you two doing walking down that crazy stretch of State Route 302 around 4pm today.

Ok, had my WTF moment today. Just a very odd sight to see at that spot. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. :)
  2. Matt Baerwalde ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +230 / 0
    Well that's weird. On a related note, what's with people wearing waders at all this time of year? It's hot out. I was just in Montana, where it's truly hot, and people everywhere--in waders! Are they allergic to water? WTF indeed.
    Derek Young and mx610ktm like this.
  3. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +736 / 0
    ^They were looking for the untouched holy water , OMJ talks about
    wadin' boot likes this.
  4. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +736 / 0
    Hell, If you spent 500.00 for waders you want to show them off!!!
  5. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    I wet wade this time of year too. I have nice waders but won't put them on when it's warm out.
  6. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,074 / 0
    Thats just 1 - 1.5 miles from the sound, right? Explains the walking thing...and the need for waders thing
    Blake Harmon likes this.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    More than that, no public access except at spit and all private beach at Minter.
  8. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +775 / 0
    Cutting weight?
    Ed Call, Thom Collins and BASS_TURDS like this.
  9. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    Maybe it was a fashion show?
  10. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Well, I'm hoping maybe they may know some of the beach owners (like I do :) ). But that's a suicide corner to cross in a vehicle, let alone on foot (that's 118th Ave and SR 302). Yeah, they looked pretty hot and sweaty. Even with breathables on. LOL.
  11. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    Only if they had hackle hair extensions as well.:)
  12. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +188 / 0
    I was fishing Kelly Creek in Idaho last week. The temps were in the 90's and the water temp was in the 60's. I was wading waist deep in the water and sweating! But there were folks all decked out in waders. I even saw one guy in neoprenes!
  13. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,713 / 0
    Maybe they don't want to get their toes wet. A lot of people here in Montana from out of state wear waders. I only get my feet wet if I feel like I'm getting to hot. I haven't worn my waders since about 18 months now. I don't have to get wet to fish here. All my fishing is from the bank, I don't have to wade to get to that fishy spot. The whole stream is the fishy spot.

Maybe the people that wear their waders don't sweat. I break out in a sweat just by thinking about wearing them. I think I'll invest is some breathable hip waders.
  14. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +248 / 1
    Probably actors in the up and coming movie, The Devil Wears Simms.

TC
    Jim Wallace and Steve Call like this.
  15. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  16. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    Could be planning on standing in the water for a long time or wading up to their waist. If they were walking that far I wouldnt want to make that walk home in wet shorts, your balls would get all chafed.
  17. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Old folks get cold. Of course no one here would know that.
  18. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
    I hate wet wading. Seriously. Who would do that when comfortable waders are an option. Plus goretex is a proven deterrent to otter bites.
    Ed Call likes this.
  19. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    wet wading is the business. I can just piss my pants while I fish. this equals more quality casts and time with my fly in the water
  20. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +321 / 0
    I like wet wading. I wear waders most of fall and all of winter and then most of spring. The first chance i get to wet wade and leave the waders at home, i am a happy camper.
    Steve Vaughn likes this.