West Pt./Meadow Pt. report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nutty Squirrel, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Nutty Squirrel

Nutty Squirrel Says: Smoke Salmon not Crack

Successful beach fishing has been non existent this past week at Meadow Pt. and not just for myself but virtually everyone down there at the beach, buzz bombers & fly fishers. Today I figured my luck had to change at some point so I fished West Point on my buddies small boat. I brought the fly rod to cast next to bait balls but the captain is a gear guy so after 30 minutes of fly casting I switched over to the dark side. I know this is a F.F. Salt forum but I want to lay to rest of any talk that the pink run is over in central sound that has been ongoing as a thread this past week on this site. The bite was on from 6:40 to about 7:20. We had a double hook up with me catching my first Pink and my buddy catching (and releasing) a nice 14-15lb King. Shortly after that I hooked up with two more Pinks and my buddy caught a nice 9-10lb Silver (His first of the season) Hooked one more pink and fishing partner hit a nice Humpy with a very pronounced hump. We both lost two more Pinks each and I hooked up with two nice 6-7lb blackmouth and released them. All boats seemed to be catching/releasing Kings and landing Pinks like crazy this morning. It was one of the most fun days of catching fish that I can recall in a long time. Now if I can only convince my buddy to try fly casting for silvers now that they are starting to show. Other reports I have heard are silvers have been caught on the E. Shore of Bainbridge Is.