Westport guide

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by troutingham, Aug 27, 2009.

1. troutingham Member

Seattle,Wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Looking for a non charter, private guide for two in Westport Mon. Someone who can guarantee 6-8 hours of fishing and catch and release options.

Any recommendations would help.

Thank you, Paul
  2. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    I'm not sure if there are any. Except for the charters, most sport fishing here is self-directed. What kind of fishing do you want to do?
  3. troutingham Member

Seattle,Wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I want to Salmon fish with the option of casting my fly rod and choosing what I want to keep. Most charters go in as soon as the limit is caught. Don't want to spend money for an hour of fishing.
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    The surf just came up again today. Gnarly double overhead on the sets. It should subside a little after tomorrow, then predicted to be a 6 foot West swell on Monday, with NW winds building to 17 knots in the mid-afternoon.

If i'm fishing Monday, I will either be on a river somewhere, or back above the estuary hunting cutthroat in a tidal creek, or maybe trolling herring for salmon in the relatively protected waters of Willapa Bay on the late morning tide change, and be back in before the wind picks up.

I wish I knew of a local guide to recommend, but I don't know any here.
  5. Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Tacoma, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Look into hiring a 6-man charter boat. You would then have control of what you want to do. The skipper should accommodate what you want. Probably expensive to take the whole boat for 2 of you but I'd bet that be your best or only bet. Remember legally the guide/skipper will have to have at least a 6-man Coast Guard license. Passengers for hire require the license.