Wet Side Opening Day 2012

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jonathan Tachell, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Gig Harbor, Washington
    Ratings: +186 / 0
    Took my girlfriend out at a local lake this morning to get her into her first fly caught trout. It was a success. She was a trooper waking up super early and being a little chilly, she listened to instruction well and most importantly had a lot of fun. We fished for about an hour or so and caught around 20 rainbows and 1 cutthroat from 8" to 16". I don't think she is hopelessly addicted to the sport as I am, or at least not yet but she had fun and that was cool to watch.

Attached Files:

2. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Nice fish JT! Glad you both had fun, sounds like a rewarding day.
  3. James Harrington Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Well done guys! Cutthroat dominance tomorrow...
  4. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +312 / 0
    Smile, it's fishing!

(Also, great pics, it's always fun to be able to spend fishing time with the SO.)
  5. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,101 / 4
    Nice work. Unfortunately I was stuck at the yard all day.
  6. Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Gig Harbor, Washington
    Yeah Nick they tried to get me to come in both days but I said I had trout fever and that I would not be coming in one way or another. Now next saturday that may be another story since I want to buy a new pontoon boat. Atomic Dog I will work on the smile. Ha ha I get so into trying to dial in the fish soimetimes I forget.
  7. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Ratings: +198 / 0
    Nice fish! Looks like I need to get out there. Too many options and not sure what to go after!
  8. Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Gig Harbor, Washington
    Yeah I hear you there. Between all the lakes, some of which got stocked with some bigger fish and sea run fishing its a tough choice right now.
  9. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Yeah plus I'm curious about lingcod. Never fished for them but the season opens tomorrow and I wouldn't mind doing some exploring around the area with my boat. On top of all that I also need to fit in hitting the trails on my mountain bike!
  10. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Sorry, double post.
  11. Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Gig Harbor, Washington
    Yeah ill be out fishing lingcod tomorrow but with gear unfortunately. The area I fish there just is not enough fish especially shallow enough to consistantly hook them on fly gear. Headed to Neah Bay in June for that though.
  12. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    I was planning to use gear too actually...thought it'd be easier while searching. I'll bring my flyrod along in case I find some SRC though. Sorry for taking your thread off topic.