NFR WFF comes through again

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Gary Knowels, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

Media:
    Left Seattle Friday morning headed to the Sacramento area. Got down to Medford making great time. Well slow going to Ashland only to find out at 6:30 pm that I-5 was closed from Ashland to Redding and wouldn't be opening anytime soon. We decided to reroute to 101 and go around instead of waiting it out.

I sent a message to a guy from here that I'd met only once but talked to a few times. We were 3 hours from where he lived and our route would take us right by his house. We were spent so I asked if he would be willing to let us crash for a few hours overnight then move on in the morning. He happily offered us a bed and a couch.

So a HUGE thank you goes out to the community here that has helped me connect to some incredibly kind and generous people and an even bigger thank you goes to Travis Bille for putting us up and making a rough situation much smoother.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Dodd, Ed Call, The Duke and 5 others like this.
  2. The Duke

The Duke Been around

Media:
    Good on you Travis! Gary is a good dude and will pay it forward and back. 'Tis the season.

3. Alosa

Alosa Active Member

That's pretty great of Travis to do that. I remember similar comraderie among bikers when I used to ride (traded it in for a stroller), and it's nice to know that can happen in the fly fishing world as well.