WFF is hosting a party with the Angling Exploration Group Nov 11th -14th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Chris Scoones, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    This event will be worthy to keep your calendar cleared for. On short notice last year we had over 50 anglers show up for the event on the Hoh. With it’s success and this years changed venue to include both steelhead and trout opportunities it’s expected to be a much larger group. For WashingtonFlyFishing.com it’s a Fall in Winter gig, and with the Angling Exploration Group it’s the release party for their new Patagonia video and their 2005 trip launch. The video will be shown at length and DVD copies provided as part of the entry price.

• When: November 11th - 14th. Yes, it’s a four day party. Come for as much of it as you can!

• Where: Location To Be Announced (currently either on the Skagit or in SW Washington, probably the Cowlitz.)

• What: So far we have 8 kegs, and we plan on renting out a private campground for the event. We’ll have free gear giveaways, product demo’s available to everyone, beer drinking, fire jumping, lots of fishing, and more…

Price: $35 entrance fee, includes beer, a copy of the video, and camping fees.

WFF hats and an Event T-shirt will also be available, and yes, they’ll be as cool as last years.

About the Angling Exploration Groups Event. This is both a launch party for the Angling Exploration Group’s new video, and a launch party for the 2005 New Zealand Expedition. In the same style as the Launch Party on the Olympic Peninsula last year, this four day party will premier the Angling Exploration Group’s new video, a revolutionary style of fly fishing entertainment. We will have an outdoor viewing of the video on Saturday night, and this will be the first public showing. For more information on the video, please see the WFF announcement within the Knowledge Base.

2. Luv2flyfish

Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

SH*T....another worth while event I am going to miss! I'll be there in spirit living the lifestyle I dream about vicariously through all of you who will be there. Sounds like a blast! :(

Jay

3. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Media:
    Home Page:
    Counting down the days!

I wouln't miss this for the world regardless if it was on the Methow or somewhere else, last years event was great fun and I can only imagine this one will be much better! I look forward to seeing you guys there and lets hope this trip brings more fish to hand than last year on the OP !

4. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Unfortunately i'm with jay. i was hoping the shing ding would be closer to january. next year for sure.

5. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    my oh my

Pwoens needs to get a U-Haul reserved, Mac needs to kill and skin a new animal, Cigars need to be rolled, Beer bongs need to be built, firewood gathered, so much to do, so little time... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

Media:
    Sweet. Can't wait... I have been looking forward to this. Roper, call Backyard, tell him to leave the Beerbong at home. Mac NEEDS a sheepskin and a sandwich FO SHO!
    Did Davey secure the ladies? :beer2:

~B :cool:

7. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    I will be sure to attend this event. I better start clearing the calendar now . Thanks for the heads up Chris. Sounds like it's going to be a blast. Can't wait to see the full footage :thumb:

8. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

Media:
    Partay!

I think I am little young for this one...
    It might get a little weird...

9. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    We're Game!!

My brother, Jason, and I are in! We missed it last year but will not this year! Although we know absolutely nothing about the methow area, I am sure there is some water up there. Is it mostly steelhead or are there also trout?

10. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Media:
    Curt, you need to learn how to spell "We're game" not were.

yeah I guess I can clear my busy schedule for a weekend of fishing.
    Weather permitting of course. Not driving over there in a blizzard.

11. Michael M. Chunn

Michael M. Chunn New Member

This sounds like a blast. It'll be my first WFF party. I've marked it down. It is the last weekend of Elk season in eastern WA though. :confused: Hopefully we'll get one the previous weekend and I'll have some elk hair to distribute. If anyone wants it that is.

Looking forward to it.

Michael

12. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    Hey, you picked a weekend I don’t work. I’ll just have to take Thursday and Friday off. You guys are lucky that I don’t drink or imbibe anymore. Eight kegs and if everybody brought a satchel, still wouldn’t be enough for me. More for you guys though. But I don’t mind hanging out with a bunch of snot slinging, pissy drunks. I can get in at least 3 hours of fishing before most of you wake up. I might even be available to clear an airway if anyone inhales their own vomit.

Hey Michael, maybe we can get in some hunting while were there if they are going to be that close to Okanogan.

13. Oneweight

Oneweight Member

Media:
    Ok, I have one thing scheduled between Sept and end of Nov and guess when that is? Yep, Nov 3-7th. Any chance of moving this out a week if it doesn't work for others besides me as well? I am dying to go and psyched to meet alot of you that I haven't met yet...

14. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    As of right now, we're looking at having the party on the Skagit or the Lower Deschutes. The Methow was bagged due to the sesitivity of the fishery and the number of people likely to show up. The OP location was ideal last year as there were plenty of rivers for people to spread out on, so we're looking for another location, if anyone has any input, lemme know.

15. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    So is this just for steelheaders . . . ?

K

16. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    How about somewhere where the steelheaders can do their thing and there are also places for trout bums to fish? Just an idea.
    Either way I would stil like to attend.

17. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Media:
    Anyplace that has good camping and fishing, I am game.

Especially since I am a trout bum.

18. Bart

Bart New Member

I'm there, just tell me where. Remember Old Man, you made me promise not to share my Jim Beam with you this time. :thumb:

Bart

19. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    That's why I was thinking the Lower Deschutes, actually it was Crumps suggestion. The Deschutes has a good redside population, not to mention the Middle Deschutes has a huge brown population, and the Metoliuys, and there are numerous central oregon rivers and lakes with trout. If you can think of a good place where there is great steelheading and great trout fishing to satisfy everyone, yet still enough room to spread out 100 people during the day and not pound the heck out of a fishery, and one that fishes well in early November, I'm all ears. :)

20. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Media:
    Deschutes

The Deschutes works for me! The best of both worlds, with plenty of room for everyone to explore.