WFF is hosting a party with the Angling Exploration Group Nov 11th -14th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Chris Scoones, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Good idea

I like that idea. Lots of places to fish in that area then. Even a few secret places. Just be sure to bring something to float in or on. Besides if it was held in Oregon most would need a Oregon license to fish there and I like to keep it as cheap as possible.

Jim...........the penny pincher...Old man

2. East Fork

East Fork Active Member

Media:
    Oregon license

The cost of an Oregon nonresident license (including the salmon and steelhead tags) runs $33 for a 3 day license and $43.50 for a 4 day licence.

3. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Media:
    Home Page:
    OR, WA, ID I don't care I just want to go where the fishing is good and if the event is held in Nov up in the Skagit area it just seems there are limited fishing opportunities. I would rather head back to the OP in November.

If this is in WA I say push it up to Oct and do it in the Skagit area, Nailknot I am riding in your boat or you are directing me behind the sticks on mine while we row the Sauk ;-)

Hell I am just showing up for the party anyways I really don't care where it is :) just a good excuse to get away from the lady :beer2:

Tight Lines,

Mike

4. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Media:
    Chris has a point, this is a Washington FlyFishing website, so our little shindig should be in Washington (wet side preferably).

Will most likely go no matter what but the closer it is the more time on the water I can spend. :beer2:

5. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    I will go as long as it is in November! Washington would be my preference also.

6. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    The party will be in November, and you can vote on one of two dates. November 4th - 7th or the 11th - 14th. Any earlier and the video won't be done in time, remember this is the launch party for the Angling Exploration Groups first video, and this party will be the premier public showing.

More information on the video at http://www.anglingexploration.com/

Being that Washingtonflyfishing.com is hosting the event, it needs to be kept in Washington. I'm voting for two places unless I hear a better idea, Marblemount area of the Skagit or the Cowlitz (trout fishing and steelhead fishing in the area). Let's hear a vote on the dates.

7. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Media:
    The weekend of the 4th works for me.

Which area will have more open areas for fishing (trout & other)?
    That's my vote! :thumb:

8. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    I'm in for either location and either date. Don't really have a preference because I don't hit either too often anyways. I can't wait because this is going to off the hooky. Somebody has to watch over B!!!!! :beer1: :beer2: :rofl:

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I was just thinking. I know that is weird. But as some want to Trout fish and some want to Steelhead. How about some place like Carnation. There is lots of water around there for both types of fishing. You are close to the forks of the Snoqualmie and you are also close to the Sky and the Main Snoqualmie along with the Tolt,Sultan and Wallace rivers. And you have the Park in Carnation. I don't think that there will be many people there in November.

Just a thought.

Jim

10. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

Media:
    Hey Easy Tonto....

Jabs.. I am a grizzled veteran of the Washington flyfishing party scene. There will be no watching over B... All you have to do is prop me up in a lawn chair, and leave me alone. :hmmm: HAHAHAHAHAHA

My vote is wherever is most condusive to The Angling Exploration group, and their needs. I'll be there, just bring it! Ryan, give me a call if you need help with anything.

~B :beer2:

11. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Interesting idea Jim. If you want to throw it in Carnation, I live on a farm out there and have tons of fields to play in. Advantages is it's close, disadvantage is it's not far away :) SW Washington, NW Washington, or Carnation?

Thanks for the offer Brian, I'll let you know. We have eight kegs lined up right now, working on getting a big projector to show the video, and have some other stuff in the works. "This gonna be fun!"

12. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I llike the SW Washington idea myself. I will go to either spot though. Don't care on dates.

-I

13. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Me Tonto You Grizzled Vet Ranger

Yo B,

You know I'm just playin with da player. I know you got it down. You are right there will be no watching over....I jist be a watching..BP are you with me? :beer2:

14. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

All I can say is elevation at whatever site is chosen could be a big factor on the number of people that show up at that time of year. I'm sure team Rugged would cross any pass, and hike to any location but some of us may not want to camp or play in the snow. Jim. :beer2:

15. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    Either weekend and either place would work for me!

16. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Media:
    Home Page:
    Personally I am down for some place a little more out of the way where we can get away from the 7-11 which is 300 yards away.

My vote is SW WA or Skagit System

Mike :beer2:

17. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    As long as the dates are in Nov any place and any weekend works for me. The fly tying instructions I have gotten from these get togethers have been worth it to me alone. I have learned something new each time. Many of you out there are something else at the vice. The fishing, beer and good people just make it even better.

18. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Since nobody seems to have too much of a preference, and since a couple of good friends have requested to change the date, does anyone have any problem with the second date, November 11-14th?

19. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    Sounds like a winner to me! I have no knowledge on either location so which ever works best for you!!

20. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Media:
    Skagit Campgrounds?

Let's talk Skagit campgrounds.... Howard Miller in Rockport seems like the only big one. Maybe the Sauk campground off Suak-Concrete rd. Do the upper Cascade campgrouds close by that time? I don't think any campground in Marbelmount large enough...? Maybe a rental from Clarks Cabins? Is Rockport St Park closed too? Can't remember with all the budget cuts...