WFF is hosting a party with the Angling Exploration Group Nov 11th -14th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Chris Scoones, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Oneweight Member

Seattle, Washington.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm down with the 11-14th date........ Like the Skagit idea if we can find a campground (see insane asylum) large enough. I'll do some digging and thinking and see what I can come up with...
  2. worldanglr Member

Duvall, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    If possible, I'd like to find a private campground that we can rent the whole campground for the four days, so we don't bother anybody with our late nights and coming and going. Maybe a public campground close by for those that like to sleep at night?
  3. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Im down with the later date. Since it seems that it isnt gonna be held on the lower D, i may not be able to get a ride, and i get my lisnces 30 f*cking days after the parta'. Maybe i can find a ride with someone or something. Sounds like alot of fun, hope i can make it.

Peace,
    Andy

Has anyone ever hooked a little trout from a small stream, set the hook with a little too much excitement, and flung it over there head, only to have it fly of the hook, land on the ground and be snatched up by a seagul?? Such are the problems one faces when fishing little creeks.
  4. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    Bummer, working that weekend. I'm off that Friday though and could maybe get the Thursday off. Cowlitz or Skag is kewl.
  5. C Van coming soon to a stream near you

Everson, WA, USA.
    I will have to talk to the warden but me thinks me can come for 1 or 2 days, skagit would be best for me
  6. Jason Trout Bum

Edmonds, WA
    I am with a few others, whatever works best for Angling Exploration Group.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,648 / 0
    Rockport state park is open now but some of the state parks close after Labor Day. The county park on the Sauk doesn't have any running water or restrooms(trying to be nice here). Yes, a private park would be nice.

But somebody needs to make up their mind here as to where it is going to be held and at what time. No matter where it is held and at what time it is running some just won't be able to make it. That's the way the ball bounces.

Jim
  8. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    Is the upper Sauk to far?

The campgrounds around Darrington could hold us. If Bedal isn't too far, its a cool smaller site with everything we need. However, it is a drive to the Skagit and Cascade, but would be good Stilly and Sauk place. It really wouldn't be farther than Oxbow was from some rivers people hit during the OP fling.... just a thought. :confused:

~B
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Campgrounds

I just did a fast check on the Mountain Baker National Forest Campgrounds and they all close down by the 3rd of October. That means the ones with gates on them will be closed. I think that they all have gates on them. Including Bedal. So that should narrow your places down to private CG's or Howard Miller Steelhead Park.Or that Skagit Co.Park on the Sauk River.

By the by there is a Skagit Co.Park at Grandy lake also. No fees but again to cans or running water. Unless you brought your own with you. Sani-Cans I mean.

Jim
  10. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +508 / 0
    Hey Old Man...These parks you mention (County Parks) ...how do they feel about alcohol consumption......Most State Parks allow alcohol but many County and City Parks do not.?????
  11. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I don't know about that as I don't do much camping. I just know where they are at by driving all over the state. But as for the alcohol,I don't think that they would bother you if it didn't get out of hand. Besides all that ever come by those places are the county mounties. And all I have ever seen there are fisherman camping at them. But most of them don't drink :beathead: like I do.

Jim
  12. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    Skagit

HAHAHA! that's funny oldman, "Don't think they would bother you as long as you don't get out of hand" I saw those pictures from last years Par-T.

I'm down for the Skagit system, the earlier date might even mean a few Chums would still be available.

I didn't make it last year but will this one.

LB :beer2:
  13. worldanglr Member

Duvall, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Not noting any objections, I hereby declare the party date to be November 11-14th. Location will be determined, but as long as you know the date, it doesn't matter :)
  14. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    Jason and I will be there!! Maybe not the whole time, damn college, but for a couple days at least! It is 2.5 months away and I am already getting pretty stoked!!
  15. Curtis New Member

Bothell
  16. Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Sammamish, WA, USA.
    Already Day Dreaming

Sounds good to me and I will be there with some friends.......

Mike :thumb:
  17. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,744 / 0
    If you all have this thing at the Skagit I will show up for a day to meet folks and maybe do a bit of fishing. My drinking days are long over with. I have had my share and will leave the rest for you guys. As far as camping goes. Marblemount in November does not appeal to me in the least. Do you guys have any idea how much it rains on the upper Skagit in November?
  18. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I know the yak fishes very well in the winter. If we want to come for the fishing, that may be a good place, execpt the fact that there is no steelie fishing. But, this is angling exploation groups launch party, so it makes sence that they get they say in the matter. Im going fishing now.

Peace,
    Andy
  19. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    I'm in

Ryan,

I don't care where or when this event will be held. All I know is I ain't gonna miss it. ( I've seen the trailer)
    I should be able to help set up on Thursday so let me know if you need a hand. :thumb:

I am planning on being there Thursday and heading home Friday evening depending on the location of this gig.

Tight lines,
    LT

BTW, Did I hear that there was gonna be beer there? :confused:
  20. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +508 / 0
    OK World Angler.....An Idea

Deception State Park......Why

1. Alcohol is allowed. (Lets get to the point)

2. Plenty of Camping area...showers and toilets. Tent, RV. w/ and W/o hook-ups

3. Pass Lake (for trout bums...need floating tube or pontoon) and Cranberry trout, perch, Bass. GOOD FISHING PLUS OPEN YEAR ROUND...both are adjacent to camping and park area

4. Cambell Lake (trout and Bass) don't know how Bass fishing is in NOV. Mostly a Perch and Bass Fishery. Less than three miles away.

5. Salt Water Fishing both at Deception Pass and Coronet Bay and 30-60 minutes away at varoius beach areas on Whidbey Island.

6. 30-60 minutes away .....Skagit ...Stilly ...Sauk...for thoses who need a river fix...Dollies and Steelhead less than an hour away...I believe...it's about 25 minutes to Burlington...from there lots of river fishing within 20-30 minutes

7. At Deception State Park there is an outside Amphitheater w/ big screen that seats 150 or plus (They have benches in rows elevated) next to campgrounds and in State Park...might need to reserve or ask for permission to use .....A Big Screen Board that could be used) ......I don't think Popcorn and Beer would be an issue ...except if the Old Man got a little overboard or Fortuna joined him)...Just a thought.

Porter

PS We probably could reserve several campsites together