WFF is hosting a party with the Angling Exploration Group Nov 11th -14th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Chris Scoones, Aug 25, 2004.

1. I've had problems with noise complaints at Deception State Park before. In fact, the jackass park ranger geek was threatening to send us to jail because we'd been drinking and obviously couldn't drive if we got kicked out. This was with a group of 5 people playing cards at a picnic table, so I can only imagine the trouble we'd cause with a huge group.

2. I have camped there several times over last 4 years and there have been several rowdy High School...College Parties....Hoopin and Hollerin into the late hours and they were never kicked out.....Now I don't doubt you and it probably has a lot to do with timing and who is working the park at the time.....One thing is there will probably be a Ranger or two there......Plus is at that time of the year I doubt there is many campers

just thinking out loud

3. More spots

I'll throw two more spots into the fray. Rasar State Park. Close to Concrete and Baker lake.

Jim

4. Good idea for a location Porter, but I'd like to find a private campground we could rent out so we wouldn't bother anyone. We're also looking for a spot where there is a public campground close by that people can stay at who want to avoid the late night antics. I'm kinda leaning towards the Cowlitz.

5. I'll be there, of course.

The Cowlitz has a LOT going on at that time of year. The Kalama, the Elockoman just to name a few. My God this is world class fishing at this time of year! We would get fish there no doubt about it.

Not too bad a drive, really. NO passes, no mountains to speak of and there are some good lakes for the knowledgeable. No bridges for Jim to wet his pants about. :rofl:

Need a semi-remote campground of a private nature. A guy with little or no business at that time of year. Willing to be very FLEXIBLE given this chance to pick up some unexpected bucks. Kamp Kalama comes to mind and then there are all sorts of county jobs up the river, some private

We were good last year. Yes, we stayed up all night and hollered a lot. But so what? So what, I say.

Let's find this hungry dude and rent him out. I mean we don't require much.

Fish all you want.
    SucK hoppes all you want.
    Tell stories.
    Act like an asshole.
    Jump the fires.
    Watch Ryan's stuff.
    Meet old buddies.
    Make new friends
    Tie flies and learn new tricks.
    Get some free stuff
    Enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy.

Bob, the I'll come :beer2: and just sit and watch and try to keep that damn Macrowdyand his side kick Bart away from me. :beer2: :thumb:

Hope the two dudes from Spokane can make it. There should be a special bus for dry side dudes. They need to come on over and hydrate a bit before the bitter, drying winds of winter tear their skin off.

6. Hey,your right

Bob. No bridges except the Ship Canal Bridge. But there are ways around that one. All I have to do is take 405 to Renton and then down the back way to Centralia. I hate driving the freeways. Too many nuts out there. Besides you see more of the country going that way.

But now that we all know the dates it would be a good thing to know where.

Jim

7. I'm shooting for the Cowlitz region for quite a few different reasons. Bob suggested Kamp Kalama, anyone know of any other semi-remote private campgrounds anywhere in that region? Preferably somewhere that we can rent out the entire campground...

As an FYI, on Saturday night we'll be doing the official public screening of the video. Hopefully the weather cooperates, but I'll have a large tent for the viewing with a 70" projection screen. Should be fun :)

8. Kamp Kalama is far from semi-private, located as it is right off I-5. But it has a north end that is seldom used except in summer. They might go for it but we would have to be very upfront so they have no suprises. I don't know them.

But you build it Ryan, and we will come.

Bob, the Seems like there should definitely be something we would approve of and a free county job would probably not be patrolled at this time of year. :beer1:

9. Any idea on what day the video will be shown? I probably wont be able to make the whole deal but would like to be there for the video. I am getting pretty excited!!!

10. Bob,

Don't worry, it will be fine. All we need to do is set some limits on discussions:

3 beer limit on politics;
    6 beer limit on campfire ettiquite with ladies present;
    9 beer limit on whether Oleander and Smolt really did discover a new planet.

Bart :thumb:

11. Head Count

The video will be shown on Saturday night, since that has the best chance of the most people being there.

The party will be November 11th - 14th in the Cowlitz area, exact campground to be announced at a later date.

12. Not to sure but if I make it will be 3 days and I hope there is enough beer for everybody else. Also what is the cost going to be. I remember once it was $35.00. So is that going to be what it is.

Jim

13. I'm going to break that question onto another thread. Please respond on the other thread if you're going. No iffy responses unless you're Old Man.

14. Ok, any idea on where on the Cow it'll be? I know it sucks for bank fishing, but has lots of room, and liberal usage of alcohol/partying. But the Blue Creek Hatchery Campground. Can't reserve, but if someone gets their early enough, they can chord off an area. Plus, people can use it as a homebase and leave from there. Free to boot. Not sure how busy it'll be though, depends on the runs. LOL. I hate fishing there, but for get togethers, it's GREAT!

I won't post until I know. I want to come, just depends on a few things if I am able to show, and which days. Probably for sure on sat/sun. Depends on how my L&I case goes here shortly. Tired of going to these events recently (on a couple boards) when I can't fish. Like lots of foreplay, and no sex. LOL. But it's a river I despise to fish. So would be easier to attend then last years on the Hoh (which would literally kill me to be there and not fish lol).

15. There to conquer!!!

I will be attending the event..Don't know if I can make all four days..but I am damn sure going to try...I know you guys got kegs but I got access to Scuttlebutt Kegs as well if we need them..Just tell Rowdy to let me know!! But I am in!!!

16. Scuttlebutt rocks!!!!!1

17. skagit

the skagit would have been good, had they not cut off the chums. We would still have dollies, to fish for and steelhead

18. Just curious how the location hunt is going and if there is anything that anyone can do to help.

And when a site is chosen I have a pretty good map program for my GPS that I can print areas out for people to have.

I will try to figure out how to email them between now and then and if I figure it out I can do that at well.

19. We have a spot chosen that is perfect, but there are some complications we're waiting to work out, we should know if we have the place by the 23rd...

20. That's great! :thumb:

Well my offer still stands for maps of the area.