WFF Snoqualmie Cleanup, BBQ, and Fishing Event Sept 18

Discussion in 'Events' started by chadk, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Bright Rivers Member

Bellevue, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    WFF Snoqualmie Cleanup, BBQ, and Fishing Event Sept...

I've marked my calendar and will make every effort to be there. About time I met and fished with some of the folks I spend so much time yacking with on-line.

:thumb
  2. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    Snoqualmie cleanup, bbq, and fishing event???

OK Mr. Chad,
    So let's get some details!

It is at your place and what time? Are Bill and Melinda coming by?

It is on the 18th, and do we bring our own stuff to turn to crispy critters on the BBQ? Do we have to bring something for your Boss and his wife so you don't get fired!! Bill Gates with a fly rod in hand would be a trip!!

And how much do we have to conribute to the Chad's wife foundation to keep you out of a divorce ? LOL but maybe seriously!!

Dave

Dave
  3. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Patients grass hopper...

Good questions Dave...

First - Bill can't make it. Apparently my heli-pad is not big enough or something...

2nd - no worries about the 'divorce prevention fund'. My wife owes me after all the baby showers, scrap booking parties, etc. We just gotta keep it outside... Hopefully the weather cooperates...

I think BYO Meat for the BBQ sounds great.

We may need to do a 'cover charge' \ suggested donation thing to help cover other expenses. Any left over proceeds would go to Chris \ WFF site and or possibly TU depending on their involvement (waiting to hear back...).

OK - so besides the weather, there could be one other problem with this plan... My wife is on one of her 'missions' - where there really is no stopping\reasoning with her. We are about the refinance and catch up on some over-do repairs\maintenance on the house. Well, apparently she's been talking to some realator 'friends' and now she's convinced this is a great time for us to consider finding another home with more space. We currently have a 3 bedroom house with 3 boys. Not too bad really. But in a few years we want to adopt a baby girl. So we've been racking our brains trying to figure out how to use the space we have. Anyway, there is a lot more to it - but the bottom line is - the house is being listed this weekend. Worst case for the WFF event, is that we determine a plan B venue. Even a tailgate style BBQ river side would be cool. If anyone has any ideas as to an alternative venue for our Plan B - let me know.

-Chad
  4. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    A change of schedule means my wife will be now be flying out on Saturday, September 18 for an east coast business trip, leaving me as Mr. Mom for the following week. Sadly, my daughter's Saturday riding committment means I'll most likely have to take a rain check on the get-together.

Kent
  5. Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Snohomish, Wa
    If Sept 18th is the date, I'd love to go. If an extra hand is needed with set up or break down, please let me know.

-Des
  6. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    I thought there was going to be a Silver Salmon Derby on the 18th. Saltwater or Fresh water. Meet guys from WFF or meet guys from WFF. This is tough.
  7. C Van coming soon to a stream near you

Everson, WA, USA.
    I have another commitment on the 18th but I am working on changing that, so I think that still leaves me as a question mark??
  8. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Update

Well, with the name changes many of you have done, I lost track of who is in and who is out. I guess I'll just take a roll call a few days before the event...

Here's an update on the 'venue':

Our house is officially listed, but even if it sells, I'm 99 percent sure we'll still be there on the 18th. At which point I won't care if you guys trash the place (kidding!). Oh, and if the house isn't sold yet, my agent will be there handing out her cards :)

So the biggest thing to watch now is the weather.

I'll be in touch with some of you in the next week or 2 to start organizing the help - I'm sure I'll need lots of it. Maybe a few of us could meet over a burger and beer and work out the 'plan'?
  9. Havok The Great and Powerful Noob

Stanwood ,Wa
    is there an address or something so I can mapquest it or something like that?
    I don't think I have ever been down that way.
  10. troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

Monroe WA
    Hey chadk....

Depending on what time things get started with the event I could help set up. I do know that I have to be heading home by 6:00 pm. I'll be glad to bring my own meat and some chips/dips for everyone else. Maybe everyone can bring pot luck style food. Let me know what happens. And is it for sure on the 18th?

Troutfanatic :)
  11. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    We are on for the 18th. If the weather is bad and the rivers blown out, we will probably cancel, or the 'die hards' can meet at rattlesnake lake to at least do a little fishing and do the whole 'meet and greet' thing. Do they have covered areas for cooking\eating?

I'll post my address and directions soon.
  12. Havok The Great and Powerful Noob

Stanwood ,Wa
    I can't go now, I got a stinking job working for the man :beathead:
  13. Bert Kinghorn Formerly "nextcast"

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Event Regrets

Chad, I've held off committing to a volunteer position for the Snoqualmie event because my daughter is close to the end of a difficult pregnacy. They are inducing labor as we speak so my bride and I are away in the morning to be with her.

Sorry I will not make the event or be able to follow through on my commitment to help. Hope you folks have a great time! I'll be thinking of you. Bert
  14. ChrisW AKA Beadhead

Seattle, WA.
    Chad- Sorry I could make it. I was really trying to pull this one off. But alas, social obligations (baby shower) have gotten the better of me.

Hats off to you for putting this together and especially for the cleanup aspect. Its good to see people taking care of their "home waters".

Hope the turnout was OK in spite of the rain.

CW