What are these smaller Lakes near Rattlesnake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by fish49st8, Jun 24, 2008.

1. fish49st8

fish49st8 New Member

I was looking at a map of Rattlesnake Lake in Northbend and saw two smaller lakes near this lake called Brewster and Rainbow Lakes. Does anyone know of any information on these lakes. Are they private? Do they have fish in them?

Just curious.

Thanks.

2. CovingtonFly

CovingtonFly B.O.H.I.C.A. bend over here it comes again

Media:
    I think if you hike up the ridge you can get a good glimpse of them. Other than that I don't know.

3. rattlesnakeflyguy

rattlesnakeflyguy Harrison

4. CoastalCutt

CoastalCutt Member

Media:
    No not private. Well, sort of. Brewster is in WIlderness Rim and gets an occasional plant of rainbows. Not worth your time, Rainbow is private however, and the owner takes vets, disabled persons, etc. out to fish. He was my fall ball coach years ago.

5. rattlesnakeflyguy

rattlesnakeflyguy Harrison

yep :) Lake Leota is one of those lakes that's private and has 8-10 pound bows. Amazing.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:

CC, as a retired servicemember I think your fall ball coach from way back is doing a cool thing. Should there be any need for him to rustle up some help for some fishing outings I'm game to assist. So many of our Veterans gave so selflessly that they deserve to be looked after from time to time. I have always assisted in kids fishing events and would think that it would make me feel a good sense of accomplishment to do the same for some of our Veterans in need of a change of pace.

If he needs no help, tell him that I think he is one hell of a standup guy.

7. CoastalCutt

CoastalCutt Member

Media:
    Mumbles, definitely would, haven't spoken or seen him in years as well. If you would like to get involved I could get you Mark Taylor's number, T.U. former Issaquah Pres. and he could easily arrange you to help at more than a few C.A.S.T. for kids events.

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Just worked the last CAST event of the year last weekend with about 300 kids. I'm a North Kitsap TU chapter member. I think I helped teach as many parents how to fish as kids. Maybe getting the parents up to speed will pay off. I can't say enough about how a $5 entry fee gets them a great deal. Rod, reel, put onto contained fish, fatties from 11-18 inches in this batch. I think a good time was had by just about everyone.