What are your "realistic" fishing goals for 2014?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Jan 4, 2014.

1. To catch a wild skagit river steelhead on a Tenkara rod in december 2014 & to have Kerry S. take the pictures of w.w. tailing the fish.

Or in april 2015 be fishing white creek drift on the sauk behind Kerry S. & W.W. and hook a 20 pounder

2. Week on the Situk
    Week on the Skeena
    Week on the Kenai
    Catch a golden trout
    Fish with a certain member, on a certain river, for a certain species that shall remain nameless.

Jason Rolfe likes this.
  3. Well, first of all there's the Spring Fling an annual ritual.
    Next is to fish the St. Joe with Ivan.
    Then maybe some rod time in the fall along with upland birds in Montana.
    Lastly to pull some browns out of Pass Lake.

And if things go right, retire.

4. Realistic?
    To further my beginner fly casting so I only pile up the line 1/4 times instead of 1/2 the time.
    Try for the IGFA trout royal slam. We're one of the few states it's possible to do it all in. I plan on doing it all in high mountain lakes as well, been doing a lot of research.
    Catch a Tiger Musky on a fly.

jake-e-boy likes this.
  5. Rivers on my agenda for 2014: Flathead, Swan, Blackfoot, Rock Creek, Madison, Yellowstone, Beaverhead, a couple of local secrets and a week with the horses in the Bob somewhere for some remote angling......
    Much more time on the water than I managed in 2013.

Mark Kraniger likes this.

6. The Swan and Wolf creek are... well... :):):)

7. Killing as many hatchery fish as I possibly can on whatever gear it takes to kill them.

jake-e-boy likes this.
  8. Refine my spey casting abilities and technique. Catch and release on my own (without hubby's help). Fly fish as often as possible!

9. I want to master the Perry Poke and start spey casting left handed! :D

10. Fishing with my old man, have a good time. Gear fishing really, that's all. Oh, and Crabing