What brand bobber to balance my death star?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by golfman44, Feb 1, 2014.

1. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    The running line for the columbia heads will have a gill net attached to it

2. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:

Great OT.

Don't forget the East side of WA as well. I would guess you're not that far from being on the Methow. A window of warm weather in the early spring could be worth the trip. If you will be happy with nothing but stamped chrome, then this is not for you. Further out there are other rivers in E. Wa still giving up fish to multiple angling strategies, including a fly swung on a tip.

3. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

too funny

golfman44 likes this.
  4. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Salmo_g said: ↑
    Starting a thread like this should earn its originator a 2-week ban. Jokes are one thing, but stupidity should hurt.Sg

Edited post:
    "golfman44 said: All we need now is a comment from NateTreat and Dustinchromers to complete the holy trinity.

Life is short bro. Never hurt anyone to live/laugh a little.

Original post:

"golfman44 said: ↑
    Now that the bobber king has spoken, all we need is a comment from NateTreat and Dustinchromers to complete the holy trinity."

Nice edit of your original post in which you slammed Sg, golfman. But WTF dude, who the F are you?!" Some young, wet-behind-the-ears newbie who, according to your posts, has never even caught a steelhead or has never even tied a fly but somehow thinks he has the street cred to dis a respected senior member of not only this website but of the NW fishing community, a person who has dedicated his life and career to protecting steelhead and salmon and who has caught more steelhead (on the swing) than you'll ever catch by any method save gill netting (given their imperiled status). Give me a break. If you want people on WFF to respect you, knowing what and who you are talking about before you post would be a good start.

bennysbuddy, Jason Rolfe and KerryS like this.
  5. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

we aren't making humor of fly fishing though..

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Sometimes saying crap and posting it ends up copied before editing. Ouch. Funny to see that. Sad to see one of the new young guns that thinks their crap doesn't stink go off about a respected forum member. A respected forum member who's put in the time, shared more than he's taken and an overall good dude. Low hole move Golfman44, low hole move.

Jason Rolfe and Freestone like this.
  7. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

This thread...

golfman44 likes this.
  8. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Which Bronco fan called the funny police?

In all seriousness: Slow your roll chief. I edited it because I thought there was a chance Salmo didn't realize this whole thread was a joke. If the words "bobber king" are disrespectful in your eyes and are enough to set you off on this rant, I think you should just take a peek at the 30 other threads on this forum.

And not that it matters, but yes I have caught a steelhead. As many as salmo this year? Maybe...but I'm not in any kind of contest. I do know that it is more than I caught last year, and that is just fine by me.

P.s. I edited this post a bit too

Irafly likes this.
  9. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

So the swingers can bash and bash and bash every other fisherman in the world but when they get bashed it's a "NO-NO" I don't care who you are if you dish it out then YOU should be able to take it! And yes salmo dishes plenty!!! From bad mouthing every other fisherman that doesn't believe in "his way" to sly off to the side "I'M BETTER THAN YOU POSTING"

You know it's not enough that we have to read all the bullshit that the "swingers dish out" every time a thread is started that's not about a swung fly - now we have to defend them if the same words are written in return.

That I would call bull-shit!

Irafly and golfman44 like this.
  10. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Pretty much spot on here

11. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    If referring to someone as the "Bobber king" is now considered as "going off" then half of this forum should be banned

12. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    Unfortunately in all of this the real victim has not been named, and that is Brian Chan, the (as far as I know) original "bobber king". At least that's what Don Freschi calls him anyway. Shame on you golfman44 for even thinking about naming someone else the "bobber king", in jest or not.

Now in clarification, I love indicator fishing and I love catching fish so I've certainly worked hard to be good at both, but for steelhead anyway I still think I have a lot to learn. I wonder what would have happened to me if the tug really was the drug for me? Could I have been revered on high as a god of swinging up steel?

golfman44 likes this.
  13. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:
    I think after all the hurt feelings (lol), we can now safely call Steve the Fisher King..

golfman44 likes this.
  14. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    [​IMG]

15. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Ira is the King of Swing

16. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

Tie this on.

images-1.jpeg

Paul Huffman and golfman44 like this.
  17. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Golfman44,

Yes, I understood that you started this thread as a joke. I get that. However, some jokes are funny, and some jokes aren't. And some jokes are just plain stupid. This thread as a joke didn't strike me as funny, and since I suggested that stupidity should hurt, it's apparent that I thought this joke was less than just "not funny." A little low-brow humor is one thing; a lot is too much. My status (whatever the hell that means) on this forum is irrelevant.

Mark,

I guess I owe you an apology if it hasn't been obvious that the preponderance of what I've written pertaining to swing v. nymph has been t.i.c. (tongue in cheek). I may dish out a lot, but I didn't realize I come across as a basher of all things nymphing. I do favor swing over nymphing, and I think I've laid out the rationale pretty well in terms of sporting tradition, aside from the swing being how I was introduced to fishing for steelhead. I don't think I've ever said that anyone should not nymph, and I've written that I have nymphed for steelhead, so I thought my references to "dirty ass nymphing" as t.i.c. comments would be a touch more obvious.

I must have struck a nerve considering your "I'm better than you" remark. For the record, I'm not better than others, and I don't expect people to necessarily believe in "my way." However, that doesn't mean I won't try to promote what I believe in and try to persuade others that my opinions have merit. But in the end, each person is free to choose.

And lastly, I have plenty thick skin, so bash away. I'm usually up for intellectually stimulating debate or argument.

Sg

Irafly likes this.
  18. Lex

Lex Active Member

I loved Ernst. Does anyone remember the Ernst in U-Village? When U-Vill was still run down and shabby? My oh my, times have changed.

golfman44 likes this.
  19. PT

PT Physhicist

Some people take this stuff way too serious.

Salmo_g, golfman44 and Luke77 like this.
  20. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Factoria one for me