What can anyone tell me about caddy lake?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Robin, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Robin

Robin New Member

I have read a few things, and searched the archives, not much out there. Just got back from an extended Montana vacation and still need to fish- imagine that, ( my friends think I am nuts). Can't wait for new spey rod to arrive. But in the mean time........ if anyone has info, what's generally fishin there, and what to fish with and when to fish it. I would appreciate any info if it is here on the forum to be had. Thanks.
    Mean while....
    GO FISH!
    :jj

2. guest

guest Guest

salmon and more salmon:7

3. guest

guest Guest

i miss read your questin , never really fish for trout except src so no help here

4. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

I could work a trip to Cady into my schedule. I have fished it quite a few times. We have a place over on Mason Lake, so I take the drive up to Cady for a chance to hit the big ones. I don't use a boat but rather a float tube or pontoon? Do you have either? If not, I could loan out the tube for the day but you would still need the waders & fins. This weekend is out, a kid going off to college. My first opportunity would be the weekend of Sept. 29th. Were you looking for a weekend or during the week?

If you just need directions to the lake, let me know and I can get you those. Keep in mind that Larry DePaul provides access to this lake and pays to keep the porta potty, stock fish, and keep the road in driveable condition. He does this at no cost to the users but does like donations, so drop a few buck in the donation box. The more "we" donate, the more fish he can stock. Bring a dog bone for Max.

5. Dal68

Dal68 New Member

Great lake esp. with a float tube. I haven't been there in a few years but worth the drive. Peaceful. Nice fish...and big.
    Have fun.:TT
    Darren

6. Redbeard

Redbeard New Member

Hey Micro Brew, would you mind giving me some directions to the lake? I do and will respect the property. Thanks,

7. Scott Salzer

From I-5 take the Hgy. 16 exit from Tacoma over the Narrows Bridge. Stay on 16 until you get to Purdy, there is a sign for Shelton. Take this exit off of 16 and go to the bottom of the hill, the stop light. Turn left, on to Hgy. 302, and go over the short bridge (BTW - They fish salmon and cutthroat in the narrow channel.) Continue to follow 302 and follow still follow the signs to Shelton at this point, turn right on to Elgin-Cliffton road - still 302.

Just past the Coulter Creek Hatchery, you will see a sign for Belfair, take this right turn. Follow to end and turn right, again towards Belfair. At Belfair, follow to Hgy. 300, by the QFC - towards Belfair State Park. Just past the park, turn right up the hill towards Dewatto. Head thru the Tahuya State Forest. Turn left towards Dewatto. Turn rihgt on to Dewatto Rd. N.E. (1.9) miles. You will see a sign for Cady Lake Manor - this is the bead & breakfast - no public access here. Proceed a little further and you will see a road to the right, there are actually two roads to the access - the first one is a little rough but if you go to the next one, it is a hard left.

You might also be able to get directions from the web site for Cady Lake Manor.

Good luck, I'll ber looking for your report.

8. Robin

Robin New Member

I really appreciate the post response. I have a new pontoon boat and am anxious to go to a fun place and give it a whirl. A friend of mine suggested the lake and I am thinking mighty hard about it. I work the week thru and have from Friday eve to Sunday- Is there a camp ground over that way or safe place to stay in the camper that is pretty close. With the world events and the computer virus week from hell, it may just be what the Dr Ordered.:TT

9. Scott Salzer

Belfair State Park might be an option. There is another lake with an unimproved campground out by Cady, but I can't remember the name of it (CRS disease). I think it was Howell.

Cady is good for a pontoon. The are a couple of under water springs that tend to fish very well. One is right off the put in area, about 40 yards. The other is to the left of the landing, at about 11:00, all the way across the lake.

Good luck. If you don't make it this weekend, perhaps next weekend.

10. Robin

Robin New Member

Micro,
    I am thinking about going on Sat and or maybe try the SRC out that way as well, I appreciate the info- what do I need to have in the fishes lunch box? If I come out this weekend or next, and your there, you'll see my black 4x4 ford & bucks boat, stop by and swap a story. Thanks for the info.:jj