What do you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Danielocean, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I would pull my waders down a take shit right there and say hey dude come look at the shape of this thing.

Hopwfully he gets wierded the fuck out
    xdog, G-spot4u, Eric Denny and 6 others like this.
  2. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +736 / 0
    I think your onto something there Kerry, I neverthought that I needed people skills until about the age of forty when I realized I wasn't bullet proof anymore...
  3. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +650 / 0

That made beer come out of my nose you bassturd.
  4. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +321 / 0
    Shit on command..... impressive.:D
    Kyle Smith likes this.
  5. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +732 / 2
    "Just because you don't like those things doesn't mean you can't treat them with respect."
  6. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +736 / 0
    I'm wierded out just reading about it !!! I'm wondering how this would help educate people on how to release fish & explains now why I see why people pack guns while fishing. I would question the sanity of somebody that wants me to check out his shit for worms or whatever..
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +789 / 1
    Hey Buddy, that's a slab. I happen to be a photographer for Hawg Quest... how about a picture of you and that bad-boy for a feature story? ;)
    10incher likes this.
  8. 10incher Active Member

Coupeville, Washington
    Ratings: +92 / 0
    The guy should be peeled. Yes, I said peeled. But unless your willing to do the peeling there's probably no headway to made in conversation. You just size them up, decide if you want to fight that day and do what makes sense. Odds are that YOU would be the one in trouble if you started a fight over the matter. Which is just adding insult to getting your a$$ handed to you.

Then again, if no one ever steps up this jackhole will just keep doing things like this. I can't say what I would have done. I wasn't there. I'm pretty sure I would have handled it like you did.
  9. Evan Virnoche Guest

You could say u were looking to buy the same ros and ask for a test chucker. Then two hand swing that bitch into the deepest fastest current and take off running
    Patrick Allen likes this.
  10. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    LOL.

Then in his rage, he shoves your face in that steamy shit you just took, and gets it all over your fancy DRYFT waders.;)
  11. Evan Virnoche Guest

This does sound like a shitty situation peyton
  12. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    BTW. we need to meet sometime for beers.
  13. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,475 / 9
    Tough call on opening the conversation with them and only you can feel the mood of the group to decided. Making a call to WDFW is a solid option. I have found that sometimes an education based conversation works well, while other times it goes badly. It could go really badly I suppose, but I don't hear much along the lines of real reports about people pulling guns on others over fish handling conversations. I hear a few incidents on the internet. No matter what you choose to do, please do so safely and ensure that you can disengage if the conversation pathway takes you to a dark place quickly. You are more valuable to the resource when intact and active, as opposed to off the river and on the medical mend somewhere.
    plaegreid and Freestone like this.
  14. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +765 / 0
    I carry a pack of these in my waders. I also carry a 15lb pork loin with a scuba steve inside it wherever I go.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

When I see someone exhibiting poor fish handling skills I walk towards them and get close. Then I smile as big as possible and pull out the pork loin. I resuscitate the loin in the water while humming. They usually leave when the pork loin comes to life and wiggles away.
  15. plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +744 / 0

Next time you see a guy do this, hit him with a rock, measure him, grab him by the tail and chuck him in the river. Hopefully his friends will be too stunned and impressed to kick your ass.

#howdoyoulikeit,sucka #respectthefish #creeksidejustice #donttrythisathome #howtogetmurdered #yolo #bieberfever
    BASS_TURDS likes this.
  16. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +650 / 0

You just made me belly laugh out loud so hard in my quiet bank I am working in. Everyone staring.
  17. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +789 / 1
    That's some funny shit there Jesse...very weird, but funny. ;)
  18. scottr Active Member

Chasing trout and birds
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    Once I was fishing up at C-post and there were three guys targeting salmon out of season. Me and my buddy approached them with the "hey just want you guys to know the warden was up here earlier busting people for fishing for salmon since it's closed. Just telling you so you know and don't get a ticket".

We walked upstream to fish and they went downstream. They thanked us by leaving a big rock on my buddy's rig with a note that said next time it would go through the window. Now I'll just call it in.
  19. Alosa Active Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +142 / 1

"That boy ain't right...."