What exactly is a click-and-pawl reel?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by msteudel, Dec 11, 2007.

1. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Another great click and pawl reel is the Redington CT series. They are discontinued now but a great reel none the less

2. stan

stan Banned or Parked

Sorry, you are incorrect. The lightweight are already being sent overseas to be outsourced, verified by Cortland. Reels should drop in price from $500 to around $250 -$300. Didnt ask about the Bougle and Cascapedia.

3. stan

stan Banned or Parked

British Made Reels? I am quite sure the name was the British Fly Reel Company, who was in the UK but are now in the Orient. They are owned by Rivendell I believe.

4. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

the drag on my reel is broken and im too poor to replace it atm so i just palm it. fun.

5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Here's an update on the two Lightweights I noted several days ago:

The Princess with 3 spools sold for the opening bid amount of $275. IMHO the single bidder got a deal.

The smaller Flyweight with 2 spools ended up going for $349, $100 more than the initial bid. A bit steep for my money, but an indication as to how much value the market places on these sweet, trout-sized reel.

K

6. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Thanks for the correction Stan. I look forward to the price drop.

I sure would like to see the Bougle come back down to earth. If they would return the Bougle to the MarkIV configuration and drop the price back toward affordability for the unwashed masses, I would be very tempted to make my first purchase of a new off-the-shelf reel in many years.

TC

7. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

iagree IMHO the British Racing Green frame color of the Mk Vs and VIs is much less attractive than the silver Mk IVs and earlier.

However, the person who I got my Mk V from said its drag mechanism was redesigned to offer greater pressure over a wider range. I haven't had a chance to compare it with a Mk IV, but it feels much superior to that on my Marquis and JLH Ultralights.

K