What if...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Snapdad, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Snapdad

Snapdad New Member

Gentle friends,

Please forgive me if I sound rather obtuse and beligerant... i'm on the sauce.

At any rate,reading a recent thread about the South fork of the Snoqualmie, I got to thinking.

We understand that the fish are fragile.

My uncle just returned to the States from the Philipines because his wife (my Aunt Nita) has cancer. Yeah, the big C. I think she's going to make it through because she's just so cool. He grew up here. He's the son of my Grandmother, who also grew up here in Seattle. Fishing is IN MY BLOOD. So, since this is the case, whenever I get to see him I get to hear his stories. One of his stories helped me make an 'Award Winning™' salmon dinner tonight.
    At any rate, this whole thing got me to thinking (along with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale):

What do we do when we have so many people here that they don't all know how to take care of something as simple as the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River?

Is there some way we can plan ahead? I have a sudden urge to take matters into my own hands and get on the ol' TeeVee™ and shout it out to everyone: "HEY! We got a RIVER HERE! There's tings in it Treat it like this...'

I know this isn't really tangible or economically feasible. So... what's a poor schmuck like me to do?

Note to self. :pROFESSOR Snapdad! Lay off the sauce, boyo! Seriously. It's not helping you solve any problems. It's only creating them for you. Enjoy the rivers while YOU can. Yer precious 'Nephew' and possible future sons and daughters won't know any different!

Sweet mother of pork, save me.

2. CampChef1

CampChef1 New Member

That was inspirational.....you have changed my life...

3. Snapdad

Snapdad New Member

Man my head hurts. :CLOWN

If it's so inspirational and life changing, maybe you can shed some light for me and let me know HOW?

Now that i've had a little bit of coffee and a few hours of rest, I'll ask it in a more sober tone. Are there any grass-roots orgs in the Puget Sound area in place that try to conserve these waters and protect them as their charter?

The whole jab at myself to be selfish and not care about anyone else was sarcasm, much like I expect the bit of bandwidth you used to tell me your life is changed.

I have participated in river clean ups and took away more than just trash from it.

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Snapdad

Snapdad New Member

Dig! Thanks KerryS for the scoop.