What is your best Beach for Silvers?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Guillaume, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Lots of great comments here regarding restraint on giving out great fishing spots.

A case in point: I was teaching a buddy about fishing from beaches, and drove by a public beach I've fished for years, and asked him not to share it with anyone. He got a little irritated, and responded "Hey, it's a public beach, and anyone could go there". But after I pointed out that there were may be 2 good spots to fish and it could only accommodate maybe 4 fisherpersons, and no one was fishing there and it was listed as a spot to fish on Kaufmann's board or in the Seattle Times, he then understood.

A few years ago I read a fishing report posted by a guy who was crowing about the best two days of dry fly fishing he's ever had. He was ecstatic about the amount and quality of fish that he caught, and that he encountered only one or two people during the time he fished. I was a more than a little dismayed at his posting because, although the water was public and written up in some fly fishing books, it wasn't heavily fished, and I enjoyed the water for precisely the reasons he stated. Now several hundred of his closest online friends knew about it. He obviously didn't connect that maybe the lack of people and his fishing experience were somehow related, and when I pointed this out to him (offline), he became resentful and angry. He just didn't get it.

As someone else noted here, there's a huge difference between soliciting information online for hot spots or information as opposed to obtaining information from someone when you are on the water itself. I suspect you understand the difference, and begrudgingly can admit that Josh was correct, though Josh did state it a little directly and maybe a little harshly. :)

The point here, a little restraint is important in sharing information, particularly on line. But, it sounds like you already have a pretty good list of places to go or have gone! The best way to find out new places: find others who share your interest, try to spend some time around or with them, hang out at shops that have the similar interests, and invest some time exploring.

You'll pick up a lot that way (worked/works for me!). That beach-caught coho I BBQ'ed last night sure tasted yummy!

Fish on!

2. The way I read the regs, it is.
    (prior years) It seems that the Game warden read it the same way as I, since they asked for my license and asked what I was fishing for.

I see no difference this year.

As to this year, I have not fished it yet but plan on it very soon, dependent on the fish.
    I will bring a copy of the regs with me.

Attached Files:

3. I agree with Calico...there are enough jerks out there flipping gear and staking out their territory...I don't want to be one of them. I fish with the friends I have and the friends I haven't made yet...life's to short.

Calico...did I see you at hoodsport for the pinks this year? I'll definately look you up for the kings next year.