NFR What kind of bear...?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Roper, May 31, 2012.

1. Ditto.

2. This sound just like fishing. If you weren't there how can you all tell what it is from a picture. I think it is a bear and would eat you if it got the chance. Nuff said.

3. I'd need more photos to call it. With the face like that, it could be a young-very young-griz. The angle's bad regarding any hump, but they're not pronounced in the kiddies though.

4. We had a clear face on look at this bear before he turned away and headed east. It did not have a flat head/nose like photos of black bears I've seen. Its face was round and the ears were also quite round and an obvious forehead/eyebrow. Not knowing much about bears I've had to do online research to try and nail this one. I've got to say it looks more brown bear than black...who knows for sure...

5. If you got a pic of the paw prints it would help more..

6. There is also a (I know this is confusing) white black bear native to a small part of coastal BC called a Kermodie.

7. When I lived in Yosemite we had a bear living under our canaopy tent. He was blonde and scared my neighbor every morning. We also had a spotted skunk live under there too. They even have blue bears in Canada they like a blueish grey.