What kind of boat is this?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by wannafish, Oct 15, 2007.

1. wannafish

wannafish In search of Blinky...

This is pretty vague, but I thought someone here could help!

I recently saw (I think it was on Fly Fishing America the TV show) a small drift boat that looked similar to a duck blind type of boat with the gunwales moved in a few inches from the wider profile of the boat. It had more rocker like a drift boat and the ends were pulled up. It had an overall look of seaworthiness compared to most small driftboats/pram type of boats. It's just one of those things I saw on TV and kept thinking about. Multiple google searches haven't helped me .

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...x=mode matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=duck boat&noImage=0

This Cabela's boat has the basic look, but like I said, this boat had more of a drift boat rocker and was set up for rowing.:confused::confused:

2. Hillbilly Redneck

Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

sorry-no clue

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

a cabella's link! oh noes!

4. TrappedinCO

TrappedinCO Help! I'm trapped in a landlocked state.

It's a duck boat. Oh wait - you've already pointed out that. I would say it was someone's version of a skiff or duck boat.

5. wannafish

wannafish In search of Blinky...

Sorry, I was trying to say it looks similar in overall shape to a Carsten's Kayak, but shorter and wider like a drift boat and with more rocker. The pic was just to demonstrate what the gunwales looked like.

6. Davy

Davy Active Member

kinda like a redneck coffin I think

7. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

[​IMG]:confused:

Like that?

Or that?

8. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

WannaFish Ive actually seen a guy row down the Humptulips in one of those. If you ask me I thought he was crazy.