What kit do you recomend?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by JS, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hey all, I am in the market for a complete kit for building rods. I am looking to build spey rods in particular, if that makes any difference at all. So what would you recomend to a guy with 200 or so to blow on a kit? I have seen one on the anglers workshop website, looks legit, but who knows.......

2. Oh, and if you personally have an outfit that you want to get rid of, I would be interested in that as well.

3. I bought the FlexCoat Business Starter Kit by FlexCoat. It comes with everything you need to build many rods and includes the book and video and rod turner. You won't be disappointed and the customer service is awsome. Total cost is around $170

http://www.flexcoat.com/products/equipment/

Scott

4. Not sure about kits but I was in Patricks fly shop the other day and they have a great selection in stock of everything you need. good luck I hope to build a spey rod some day as well.

5. Hey Scott, what's the deal with the FlexCoat kit? You working for FlexCoat?:rofl:

6. Look at Hook and hackle, they have some also.

7. No man, it,s just the one I bought and can vouch for. I also contacted them when deciding and they did not try to sell me on it. I have used it to build one rod so far and have plenty of supplies for atleast eight more so, for the price I thought is was a bargain. I also did not purchase from them directly, I got it from a dealer. Good kit for the money. I am sure there are other kits, and by all means check around. Look locally, check internet or make your own. Just advising from personal experience. Not trying to promote

8. Right on, sound info. I saw the same one online and believe I will pick it up. Thanks all.