What lake?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by KerryS, Oct 28, 2010.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    "About 2,300 hatchery rainbows - averaging 2 to 3 pounds each - are scheduled to be released into the lake Nov. 8."

This ought to be a fun place in a couple of weeks. Good luck to anyone heading there.:clown:

2. Tracy Lauricella

Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Yeah, I went there last year several times before work in the morning. I'm hoping to get out there in my canoe before work that week to try my hand at some football fish.

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Bring the pellet flies...

4. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Gonna be a zoo.......

5. Caveman

Caveman Member

Ya, Beaver lake sounds like the place to hit this week.

6. Lunker lurker

Lunker lurker New Member

Just popped by to check out the madness. I left my setup (yes, I'm a gear chucker, shhhhh) in the car because it was an obvious madhouse and I don't enjoy combat fishing.

I counted 19 small boats/toons on the water, the shores were lined with anglers with spinning rods and I happened to be there when the 2nd truck dumped off its load. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the boats converge on the boat launch, one fella looked like he was trying to tickle the tailpipe of the hatchey truck with his fly, I definitely can understand the desperation though. If I was on my boat right then I'd be doing pretty close to the same.

Saw 2 landed while I was there (30 min) but there were a few guys hauling out of there with at least their limit already. Kinda bummed me out that everyone was there just to catch dinner, this is my local lake and I'm C&R, but that is just me being selfish, hehe.

[​IMG]

How long do you think there will be good catching for this particular plant? I'm pretty new to this whole fishing thing, I'm just curious if its possible all of these pudgy mugs will be gone before I get a chance to hit the water a few times.

Cheers!

7. Tracy Lauricella

I was thinking about hitting it in my canoe on Thursday before work, but I don't know if it'll be worth dealing with the crowd. Maybe the rain and early hour on a weekday will help thin the numbers?

8. Was there today amongst the zoo... my report here even despite the crowds, everyone was cordial and no tempers flared or hostile words exchanged. Everyone seemed to be having a good time except for the bankers who didn't do as well as the folks from floating devices. Don't forget to bring a PFD, I received a ticket in the past for not having one aboard. This even applies to pontoon boats. Float tubers aren't required, go figure...

9. Scott Salzer

Another couple of zoos to visit!

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
    Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
    600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/

November 10, 2010

Lakes in Thurston, Kitsap counties
    planted with thousands of jumbo trout

OLYMPIA - Jumbo rainbow trout are being planted in lakes in Thurston and Kitsap counties to boost fishing opportunities this fall and winter, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) announced today.

WDFW hatchery crews are planting a total of 10,000 rainbow trout - each weighing nearly ¾ of a pound - into Black and Offutt lakes in Thurston County, and Kitsap Lake in Kitsap County.

Crews are expected to finish stocking the lakes, which are open year-round, with jumbo trout early next week, said Larry Phillips, WDFW fisheries biologist. The trout were raised at WDFW’s Lakewood Hatchery.

"These fish will provide anglers a great fall and winter trout fishing opportunity," said Phillips.

Information on when and where fish are stocked in area lakes is available on WDFW’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/plants/weekly/ and complete fishing regulations can be found at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/ .

All anglers 15 years of age and older are required to have a valid fishing license. Licenses can be purchased on the Internet ( https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ ), by telephone (1-866-246-9453), or at hundreds of license dealers across the state (listed on the WDFW’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/vendors/ ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

What is up with the west side getting plants of ? big trouts and us dry siders get ? nada.
    We have some lakes that are open year round too.
    Just crying in my beer.

11. Finfollower

Finfollower New Member

I blame Mumbles...(kidding)

12. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Take it easy there Gary. Don't be lumping all us westsiders together like folks on your side of the state so frequently like to do. Up north here in the last conservative strong hold left on this side of the state we didn't get any either. Must be some kind of political discrimination at work here.

13. Scott Salzer

Gary:

They are trying to draw you dry siders over and spend some money on this side. Get get you ass over here..... We'll see if we can get you a reserved dock spot

With your fishing opportunities over there, no need to cry in your beer.

MB

14. gbeeman

gbeeman Active Member

Actually this is a good thing. It keeps the crowds on the wetside where they belong!

GBeeman

15. leaflittlefox

leaflittlefox Member

Media:
    Ever get up into the Palasades? Giant Browns and Bows in that little stream. Roses and Dry also big Tigers and Browns. And those lakes down by Quincy same thing right? My dad lives on Sunny Slope we have alot of fun down your way.

16. leaflittlefox

leaflittlefox Member

Media:
    That's some weird shit man!!!

17. Tracy Lauricella

I'm hoping Offut doesn't get the same kinds of crowds. My wife and I have been going to Offut most weekends, and enjoy the relative peace of the lake.

We went to Beaver Lk. today and it was quite a zoo. Lots more anglers and boats than fish though; I don't know if the huge number of anglers has fished out the first plant, or if the fish were just off the bite from the impact of so many anglers, but it was slow going; not just for us, but most of the folks we saw weren't catching them very quickly.

We ended up with 2 (would have been 3, but one broke my leader when he ran under the boat.) That's for about 8 hours on the water. Nice fish though; fat pigs and 18" long.

18. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Media:
    Gary,

Until Wenatchee's population hit's 500,000+ (GASP) is when you get to bang elbow's with your fellow angler on the shoreline for those tasty fat pellets... :clown:

Sorry Yellowlab..

19. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Mom just likes us better.

Just a thought. Could this be a valid and good tool for the WDFW to direct fishing pressure to
    certain lakes while planting some of the others on the QT?