What No Upper Columbia Reports Yet?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Irafly, Oct 16, 2013.

1. CLO coho where are you?

Seattle
    Ratings: +307 / 0

I was talking about my fish.
  2. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    My bad. A fish is a fish swing or nymphing.
    CLO likes this.
  3. CLO coho where are you?

Seattle
    Ratings: +307 / 0

I was just joking around, looks like you had some good action.
  4. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    It's all good I'm an ass. I think the steal God's FINALLY gave me some notice! Just the right place at the right time!
  5. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    got one grab yesterday on the Methow at mile 7 on the first cast, but that was it for the rest of the day. Thank the Good Lord for the bakery in Twisp, not that I really need one of their cinnamon rolls:D.
    rankin76 likes this.
  6. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +303 / 0
  7. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
  8. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +216 / 2
    Okay, here is a belated report. I floated a certain upper Columbia trib since the steelhead season opened and kept my first two legal, hatchery fish. It was almost a perfect day, with as many fish to the swung fly as I have ever had on a single day trip (or at least that I can remember) and a number that I won't share on the internet. I wound up floating out through the last part of the drift but really enjoyed seeing the spawning salmon all podded up during their annual ritual. I'll stop short of saying it was a religious experience but it was a nice day even with the crowds. That said, if I go back, I'll probably leave the fly rod home and take the gear rod because I believe that will give me the best chance to actually harvest hatchery fish because that allows me to cover water that fly anglers can't or won't cover.