What pattern am I...

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by chrome/22, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Can you name this old school wet fly?

[​IMG]

c/22

2. Variation of a Patriot?

3. Looks like it has a fair amount of pheasant tail in it (LOL it's been WAY long for me looking at any flies so I have no idea to be up front). Doesn't look like a patriot. Not a carey special either with the wet palmered hackle (not sure what feather that is) and thread-looking body.
    Maybe a catskill wet variant?
    Has to be a ton of guys that are more up to speed on that one. Someone speak up! :)

Edit- looks like nope the catskill apparently it has a golden pheasant tail.

4. Aha, a down looker...

PS- SERIOUS old school. Never have fished it.

5. My guess is a "Catskill" wet fly. :hmmm:

6. Its similar to a Brown Turkey but it has a tip added that Bergmans dressing did not have and it doesn't use turkey as wing and tail.

TC

7. You guys are on it, they pretty flys for sure. I'm betting a cutthroat would like these.

Materials info on the "Down Looker"

Tip: Orange floss
    Tail: Brown mallard
    Ribbing: None
    Hackle: Brown tied palmer
    Body: Brown floss
    Wing: Brown mallard

Here is the Cahill

[​IMG]

c/22

8. Gadzooks, I couldn't even tell the difference between a cluster of stripped pheasant tail feather pieces and mallard soft feathers.
    Well it was fun seeing some of the real old-school Ray Bergman collection plates again anyways so thanx for the thread :)

Identifying patterns is not my specialty. However, I am pretty good at thinking about fishing while at work.